Surefire E2E

emrbrtn

Enlightened
Im pretty new with flashlights, good ones atleast. I was thinking of getting a Surefire E2E Executive Elite. Is this light any good? Well, it is a Surefire so its good but can I find one with about this power for less money? Im open to any suggestions for other lights also, preferably around this price or cheaper.

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The SureFire E2e is one of the finest flashlights there is as far as I'm concerned.

If you buy one from Oldgrandpajack here on CPF down in the B/S/T ~ Lights forum you can get it for under $80 shipped.

joshwang

Newly Enlightened
small, lightweight, and powerful, as chevrofreak said, one of the finest. The 6P and G2 would be a good choice too, cheaper, but slighty bigger.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd recommend the E2e as well. The versatility of the Surefire E series of lights is absolutely great. Start with the E2e, the further down the road you can get a KL1 or KL4 Led bezel to replace the incandescent lamp and bezel for a longer runtime... Altho the KL4 on the E2e (L4) would be aboout the same runtime, but at least you get constant output for the whole 60+ minutes or so, with usable light output for the next few hours or so. Go get one! Or two... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

emrbrtn

Enlightened
Thanks all, I think I will probably pick one up. Or maybe the E2D, just cause they look pretty cool.

emrbrtn

Enlightened
hmmmm, oldgrandpajack seems to be sold out. Guess I'll have to wait.

ob1

Newly Enlightened
I Love my E2e. I picked up a KL1 for it and also a McE2s 22ohm dual stage switch from Mcgizmo. He is known for making excellent custom flashlights and parts here on CPF. Still awaiting it's arrival in the mail(takes about 2 weeks to get here in Iraq) I can't wait. Also going to get a pair of Pila 168s batteries and charger. It will go great with my new KL1 head with guilt free lumens. You can pick one them up from JSBurley or BugoutgearUSA. The E sebecause I the E2e is an awsome flashligries lights are outstanding. Later on I am going to get another E2e, just because its a great flashlight stock. Getting addons for it is just a plus. Get an E2e, you won't be disappointed.

rscanady

Enlightened
I concur on all, the E2E has been my EDC for 3 years now, along with diffusing filter, it is just a great balance of size versue illumination and has many great add-ons for it. I cannot recommend this light enough, everyone should have one, I love this thing to death, its little brother with the KL1 is good too if you can stomach the price. For $80 or so though I feel the E2E is a solid piece of gear, I also got an outdoorsman clip when my short one broke (I called surefire and they sent one for free shipping and all)...Ryan

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too concur on the E2e. so many option's, surfire quality,
great beam/brightess, and the fun factor of a light smaller then a mini mag exploding with that much power when your friends are around with there mini or even D,C size mag's.

I will mention the E2d, as my favorite "verson" of the "E2" type's. mostly on the ablity to stand on it's end, because of the crenulated switch. I use this mode lot,
If you never do, don't waste your $$ on it.
Beware!! SF light's are addictive! VDG

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would recommend getting the L4 instead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The L4 shares the same body as the E2e, but it comes with the 5W LED head which is EXTREMELY bright, at least mine is a lot brighter than the normal E2e incandescent lamp. More importantly, it comes with the clickie tailswitch (click-on, stays on, rather than twist to turn on). Newer E2e lights come with the clickie though.

An L4 can be converted to an E2e by exchanging the KL4 bezel for the E2e bezel and MN03 incandescent lamp and you can buy the bezel + lamp cheap in B/S/T.

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
I highly recommend the SF E2e. I EDCed it for months and was very happy with it overall. I would definitely advise you to get the clickie switch for it, and I would also suggest that the 6P, G2, G2Z, C2, M2, D2 are all too big to EDC in a pocket. That little bit of size difference really is significant.

However, that said, you should know that I no longer EDC the E2e, but instead EDC the A2. The A2 is longer and just a tiny bit larger in diameter at the bezel, but it is still EDCable in a front pocket, and the clip works better than the E2e if I want or need to clip it to my belt. Plus, the A2 is regulated so the incan output is always white and bright. 50 lumens may not sound like a lot, but those are 50 really nice, long throwing (relatively, anyway) lumens. Do a search on "A2" in this forum, and the LED and incan forums, and you will find a great deal of discussion.

Just a thought. Either light would be great. I don't own, nor have I used, an L4 or L2, but I suspect those lights would be great choices as well. It all depends on your preferences and ways in which you are likely to use your lights.

If you want more info on the E2e, I specifically posted a question thread on the E2e some months ago titled "E2e owners inside please" or something like that. Good info from experienced CPFers in there.

DimBeam

Enlightened
I have to admit that of all my flashlights the E2E is the only one that brings a smile to my face every time. It is as close to perfection as you can get. A great light.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
kevinL and JS makes some good points.if you want a LED right now both mentioned are great. If you don't, E2e will always be ready for a severalLED option's. The L4 and A2 are nice, and very bright but the ones i tried didn't THROW like a E2e, if that's a major factor, (for me it is, some people are throw freaks other's want a flood of light, no good or bad either way) I would get the incan E2e.
the new KL-1 that fit's the E2e really throw's, as far as the E2e it's self, and to me, a very necessary add on, and Only 56$. VDG

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would suggest the L4 as well, it removes the variable of a reliability issue by replacing the volitile bulb with an extremly bright LED. Most users who own both say the light output is similar.
If you want a good deal on an L4 PM me and I will send you in the direction of someone who can provide you with a nice new L4 for a terrific price..

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree wtih JS. The E2e is a great light, but the dimming drove me INSANE since after about 30 minutes out of the 75 minute run time the light is no where near as bright as where it should be.

That being said, it s a very nice light for a formal occassion where space is a premium and you just need something small and blinding. I find my self carry my A2 much, much more for the reasons mentioned above, along with my C3 with pilas(which is just as good as regulated). The KL1 is what I may use the E2e more...

Nick

PJ

Enlightened
Oldgrandpajack had about 3 E2-BK's left, which were discontinued when the E2e came out. They are the same size as the E2e, only they have a round head with the clip attached to the bezel. It uses the same bulb as the E2e but I don't know it is the same reflector. The finish is the same black anodizing as the 6P which is not as durable as the HA III. I received one about a week ago and am pretty impressed. With the round head and the Z52 lock out tailcap it sits well in a pocket and it gives a nice smooth beam with good throw.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Search for E2-BK in B/S/T Lights. They are $ 60.95 each and oldgrandpajack is a great guy to deal with.

code09

Enlightened
thats alot of information, thanks guys. I was just wondering though, is there a difference between the E2e and the E20? Is it just the clip that is different? On the surefire website, the specs look the same. Any help would be appreciated.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
moephiues said:
thats alot of information, thanks guys. I was just wondering though, is there a difference between the E2e and the E20? Is it just the clip that is different? On the surefire website, the specs look the same. Any help would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

The e2o has a lower power lamp and will last longer, while a little dimmer. You can
buy the lamp separately. some like the longer clip, I use a lanyard more often then not so the clip 's no big deal, but may be for some.VDG

buba

Newly Enlightened
FYI,

The e2o is being discontinued and being replaced with the e2L which has the new KL1 head installed in place of the incan lamp and bezel. List price on the e2L is $125.