Nuwai - Quantum III (TM-303X) faded lettering?

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I've recently purchased some Quantum III's (as new) from several sources, and I've noticed that the lettering on the clip is barely legible. The lettering is not white colored as shown on various reviews. However, the lettering on Quantum I's, which I have also, are clearly legible, where the lettering is white colored.

Has anyone else received their Quantum III's with faded lettering after purchasing as new?

Have I received some old stock where the lettering may have faded over time? Or is this a manufacturing defect?

I am more curious about this rather than being annoyed.

Robban

Enlightened
This is what mine looked like when I first got it. It quickly faded with use though.

q3_logo.jpg

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought my clip was bare for a month or so until my dad spotted what it said when he was playing with it. .

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine is very lightly shaded. It's a grayish color that doesn't show up on the black very well, but you can stiil read it.

larry

Newly Enlightened
They use lemon juice invisible ink on the clip. I can't even see mine and I won't heat my clip to verify the imprint.

Larry

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
meeshu said:
I've recently purchased some Quantum III's (as new) from several sources, and I've noticed that the lettering on the clip is barely legible. The lettering is not white colored as shown on various reviews. However, the lettering on Quantum I's, which I have also, are clearly legible, where the lettering is white colored.

Has anyone else received their Quantum III's with faded lettering after purchasing as new?

Have I received some old stock where the lettering may have faded over time? Or is this a manufacturing defect?

I am more curious about this rather than being annoyed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. Mine are barely legitable, very very faded.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
OK. With regard to the number of responses above (thanks folks), it appears that the barely legible lettering is/was intentional by the manufacturer!

Those people that have white or gold (never seen that before!!) lettered clips, those clips must have come from different production runs. Lucky folks!

A

Advancedmart

>Mine are barely legitable

My guess is that many people buy black so it does not stand out in the dark. So the lettering is covered some so as to not be too bright.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could barely read mine. I Guess most of the current runs are like this, based on what has been posted

A

Advancedmart

>The lettering on mine was barely there, but this could have >been due to the light having been boiled to open it

The ones I am seeing look like they have been painted over, because they wanted the lettering toned down, which I like BTW.