NASCAR racing backwards in Mexico.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
NASCAR is racing *edit* clockwise on a road course named Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez today. Beautiful course. Mountains in the background. Over 100,000 are in attendance. Fox is televising it right now.

Some of you F1 guys might want to take a peek. Should be interesting.

mexicocity.gif

3439238_18_1.jpg

Marty Weiner

Flashlight Enthusiast
They just showed a loose dog on the track but he's safe now.

On a more serious note, NASCAR racing is expensive to get a seat for. With their monthly income only in the hundreds of U.S. dollars, how do the Mexican racing fans afford a seat in the stands?

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I'm sure that seat pricing has been set to what the local market will bear.

Looks like there's a bit more maneuvering on that track than usual... I wonder if today's "stock cars" would perform well on that track?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Samoan -

Thanks. They got me all discombobulated.

Marty Weiner -

"Lucky Dog" eh? Happy to see he escaped.

idleprocess -

Sounds like fun. How about a CPF IROC? What are we driving? Vettes, Vipers? I think some HallisMobiles might be fun.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Nah, we'd be driving Turbo Beetles, dilapidated Celebrities, more than a few Civics, and maybe a Mustang 5.0 or several. I doubt that my 2.3L 4-banger Ranger would even cut it as a pace car.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, it aint cheap, I plunked down 448 for the busch and nextel race for two this may at richmond.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I had no idea that NASCAR tickets were that expensive... but I guess it makes sense with only 1-2 races/year at the average track.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Busch tickets are 35 for general admission, 40-45 for reserved seats. Nextel are 90 bucks each. Green flag or party tickets are 65-90 bucks extra. This is for two people too, so it came up to that amount. Since it only hits richmond twice a year, I think its cheap. I usually spend the day there.

Latest posts