Katokichi Ichishiki CR2 two-stage switch

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got one of the Katokichi lights a couple of weeks ago, and I really like it. I carry it almost all of the time.
I would probably use it even more if I could get a two-stage switch for it.
I tried one like in the FF/BB, but I can't seem to make it fit and work quite right.

Anyone have a way to make one work yet?

Thanks
mut

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
No one else has thought about a two-stage switch for the Katokachi?

mut

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened
I emailed him about installing a 2-stage switch and the answer was (I am loosely translating) "there is not enough clearance and I am not really interested in building such a switch." Still a great light though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sakugenken, I had the FF two-stage switch working for a while. The only thing that I could not get right was some way to keep it from moving.
It is tight, but I believe it can be done. I just don't quite have the talent/tools to get it done.
I may give it another go round too.

mut

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I don't have a KI, but to properly work with with the FF 2-stage, the bottom of the cell holder would need to be faced flat in a lathe and then drilled and tapped for a #2-56 screw. I strongly suspect the bottom wall is too thin for a blind-threaded hole. This would add ~.080" to the length of the light, and might(?) be enough to expose the O-ring. Mut's observations indicate the electronics are ok with the 2-stage principal.

Larry

mut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Larry,
What I did was cut the FF 2-stage down from original size to make it as small as possible. Then I scrapped off the plastic under the body contact and bent over the copper to make contact with the body.

My original thought was to take the FF 2-stage, cut it smaller somewhat and use an internal retaining ring to hold it down in place. That way the internal retaining ring would make the contact with the body to the FF 2-stage.

The problem that I ran into was that the retaining ring in combination of the FF 2-stage was too thick.

My thoughts were that the retaining ring could be an easy fix for those such as myself without many tools or knowledge to make it work. It also would not be permenant.

So I just put the downsized FF 2-stage into the body and the friction kept it still..... for a while atleast.

My next thought is either the 2-stage from an Aleph or trying to make the resistor from the FF 2-stage work with either a blob of solder or in between a copper washer cut in two for stability in the body.

I hope that made some sense.

mut