ARC AAA-P problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

mexmbj

Newly Enlightened
Hello guys I am relatively new to the forums. I have a problem with an Arc AAA-P. The unit worked and then quit working within a couple of days of receiving it. Now if I take that head off of the original body and screw it onto another AAA-P body it, the head, will work. But if I take the head off a working AAA-P body and place onto the body of the unit I just bought that head will not work on the recently purchased body. I did clean the contacts with a clean cotton swab, but nothing - even if I screw it down quite well. Does anyone have any ideas on the problem? Thank you in advance for any help on the issue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

14C

Enlightened
Edit:

Oh yeah, I always forget this:

Welcome to CPF!

Try putting a small ball of aluminum foil at the bottom of the body, about half the size of a BB. If that works then you could try to add just a little solder to the contact on the AAA head.

nekomane

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did you try cleaning the bottom of the battery tube?
Use a pencil to push in a wad of steel wool and twist gently.
Get the wool out with a hooked wire.
This worked for me.

.. and welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mexmbj

Newly Enlightened
I will try these two methods. Thank you very much guys for your responses. And thanks for welcoming me to CPF.

cy

Flashaholic
look down into AAA tube at neg post. do you see any corrosion?

it doesn't take much leakage to form a film, causing contact problems. for some reason AAA cells seems to leak more than any other. probably not true, but sure seems that way.

take flat bladed screwdriver and scrape clean. pencil eraser also helps.

Please note batt post is concave instead of flat, so only edge of post is actually making contact. corrosion film can be almost invisible.

use a brand new cell to test with after scraping.

Status
Not open for further replies.