Simple G2 Mod!

junior

Enlightened
Hey everyone i just learned of a simple G2 mod to keep the G2 from accidental turn on and the ability to stand on end from a guy over at lightfighter.com.

Here goes:

If you have a mini-mag antiroll bezel cap (which many do) grab it, slide it on the tail cap of the G2. Slide it down just enough so that you can activate the button and still allow for the light to stand up on its end.

There you go a simple and cheap way to help with accidental turn on and the ability to stand on end.

Sorry for the cheezy instructions....

Here are some pics:
[image]http://
scan.jpg
[/image]

[image]http://
scan0001.jpg
[/image]

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a really good idea! I'm gonna have to get one. You have to buy the mini mag accessory pack don't you? Oh, well it worth it!!!

Topper

Flashaholic*
Geez where on earth did I put that thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Not sure about anyone else but the photo's are nearly black and I cant see anything!

Doug

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
*blink*

Damn Junior. That's awesome. Combine that with a Kroll clickie for a low-tech Rubbermaid SW02 lock-out combat tailcap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I know what I'm picking up after work today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pics are a bit dark for me too, but i get the gist of it... Good thinking, 99! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

junior

Enlightened
Both G2 and minimag antiroll bezel are black, so its sort of hard to see the color difference. I think you guys get the gist of it though.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Just tried it and it works great. Here are some photos:

"Raw materials":
G2Mod01.jpg

Tail standing:
G2Mod02.jpg

Anti-roll:
G2Mod03.jpg

Nice, easy and cheap way to mod your G2. I tried it on my 6P and C3 and it works great for having them tail stand. Coupled with ceiling bounce and you can turn your G2, 6P, C3, etc. into a hands-free area light.

E

Emilion

Thanks for the photos, I must get some of these......really useful