True love...........

trivergata

Enlightened
I was planning on pimping out a Q3 for my girlfriend, but as I discussed some of the options, she said "I don't think I really will use all that. I'd rather just have something like your ARC light."
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifCrap. My ARC. My ARC AAA LE, to be exact. My pride and joy. I'm telling you guys, it's hard being in love. Now my little ARC is riding in her purse, and she knows what she means to me. And, yes, she does really appriciate how special the ARC is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Josh

Malpaso

Enlightened
Make sure you itemize that in the pre-nup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hideo

Enlightened
you love her very much /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

my wife had one of my beater Arc AAAs riding on her keys for quite some time, but I repoed it and replaced it with a little silver 5mm twistie light that was a little brighter

she didn't care /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hideo

The_virus

Enlightened
My girlfriend was overjoyed with the Mini Maglite AAA I gave her. I'd never give anyone a Solitaire though.

For most people's key fob light I'd say a Dorcy LED AAA would be good, or a Princeton Tec Pulsar II, Eclipse II, or even a little Blast, depending on how tiny or bright they want them to be.

For something that looks a little like an Arc, you could always go with a Gerber Infinity Ultra. It looks great, and is really sturdy. If your girlfriend has used your Arc to any extent though, she would definitely notice the *ahem* downgrade. The Infinity Ultra has no lens, but the bulb is recessed so it's fairly well protected, I'd never worry about it. It does its job well, what can I say.

Three words my man "bait and switch" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

luxlover

Banned
Malpaso,
Very funny comment, but so true! If I had a girlfriend and an Arc AAA, I would try my hardest to give her any other keychain light but that one, unless she was a "bona fide, card carrying flashaholic" like me. There is no sense risking the Arc's early demise, at the hands of a person who doesn't know the difference between an Arc AAA and another low cost light that has a similar shape.

This is not exactly being selfish. I like to look at it as protecting the interests of a device that is no longer being manuafactured, and must be acquired through private sale at a steep price.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
You gave an ARC AAA LE to your girlfriend? Your girlfriend?!?

You, sir, are nuts.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

trivergatas_girl

Newly Enlightened
This is so great. I think that this is the most romantic and thoughtful thing that he has done for me. And even though I might not be a "flashaholic", I really know how much the ARC light meant for my "Lepurushi vogel" and for that reason I will take good care of it.
Baby, I promise, in front of all, that if we ever break up, I will give the ARC back
- AND YES, HE IS NUTS...:)

Bela

E

Emilion

Cool, you're so lucky to find someone in the world that deserve your ARC. ^_^

Mark2

Enlightened
I gave an ARC AAA Premium to my girlfriend back when ARC was still around. It's on her nightstand and in very good condition.

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
The females of our species do tend to take better care of things. At least that's the case between Mr. Crash-and-bash here and my wife. I can think about something and it gets a dent.

Scott

vtunderground

Enlightened
I've given my girlfriend a few decent flashlights, but she was never really impressed until she saw my FireFly... She decided that I should buy her a one too. (I talked my way out of it)

Although... if Surefire ever releases an E1L Winelight, I'd definitely buy one for her.

Finbar

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Malpaso said:
Make sure you itemize that in the pre-nup /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

To be ab-so-lute-ly sure...go to tha Camen Islands and place those ARC's in a safety deposit box. Divorce can not even touch them there. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Fin

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the KC-1? It's not cheap, but at least it's replaceable and it is functionally very close to an Arc LS in size, brightness and (I think) twisty. Just buy a bunch of CR2 batteres to keep around (see, she'll need you more often...).

I don't know if these guys actually have any but I found one here for $34.

Best wishes..

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave a friend of mine in Iraq my Arc AAA-Premium to borrow (I wanted it back) Well, she LOST it! At least with a girlfriend there are benefits involved. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
I need to email the guy that I lent my Arc AA to, he needs to get it back to me. So, two Arcs out there with on confirmed missing in action and the other returning home eventually.
The main thing I learned is if you lend it out, make sure you can do without it. My Peak AAA 3 LED snow helps me deal with the loss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would buy her a Peak and take back the Arc.

Concerning the Solitaire, with the work it took to put the micropill in mine I don't think I would give it to anybody.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Triver, I would say that you are very lucky to have a girlfriend who can tolerate your hobby.

trivergata

Enlightened
mags, it gets worse. I got in 2 QIII's, and we went outside to compare the beams. Within 5 minutes, she grinned and said "I want this, to." Man, I'm glad that I got 2 of them.

Anyone ever seen a flashaholic get hooked?