Old news? Lightwave Infiniton D1

The_virus

Enlightened
I was looking around and found a light by Lightwave that I'd never seen/heard of before. A "new?" line they call Infiniton. Comes in C and D sizes (C1 and D1 respectively) both have a "Hi-Flux" (Luxeon?) LED and sport runtimes of about 20 hours (D1) plus what appear to be those "fish eye" lenses like on the Princeton Tec Impact II that focus the LED into a really tight "full moon" spot.

These lights look impressive, but I'm not sure just how new they are. Does anyone here own either the C1 or D1? Can anyone provide their own beamshots/reviews/two cents?

Here's a link Infiniton D1

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they were introduced about 6 months ago. I got a C1 and it has a bright (~ 900 cd), very tight, squarish spot beam. Like a square X1 except 12 times brighter. The build quality is excellent, all fancy machined aluminum, rubber sheath, and indistrial type electronic switch. I built a 3xAA adapter out of sprinkler tube and it runs fine (same brightness) on 3xAA nimhs.

Cool light but don't use it much. Don't want to ding the rubber surface.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I received a Lightwave Infiniton C1 on 06-11-04, tested it, and gave it a rating of 4 1/2 stars on my website. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
My evaluation of it is right here if you're interested.

The_virus

Enlightened
I'm reviving this thread due to the recent review of the Dorcy 3D Luxeon, this light (the Infiniton D1) is very similar and some members have shown interest in discussing it, here is the place mates!

Someone mentioned the odd looking shape of this light, on the upside, I bet this light won't roll if it's set down, that almost triangular head looks like it would prevent the light from moving.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very interesting in these lights. Anyone that has one, please give a opinion on them (C1 and D1).

jtice

Flashaholic
I assume these are LuxIII?

I wonder though, can these out throw a LuxIII mag mod?
LuxIII mags can THROW, and still have spill.

I do think the shape would be nice as far as not rolling off a table.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux I driven at around 1.25 watts if the memory of me works...

The_virus

Enlightened
Yes, Lightwave calls it a "high flux" LED, but I assume it's some kind of Luxeon.

BrightGuy has a free shipping promo on this (not sure for how much longer though!) light, add it to your cart and your entire order has free shipping via UPS Ground for addresses within the continental US. I'm very tempted to take advantage of this deal, especially since shipping to Canada can be expensive. I'll just verify for myself with Mr. Atwell that the deal will apply to me. I can also check when this promo expires.

Flashlight Enthusiast
If its within board rules, I hope you can post when the offer expires in here (and if not, please PM me what you find out).