Caffeine Junkies

tbone_Ike

Newly Enlightened
Just a recent observation; Seems we have many, many caffeine junkies here in the US, I may be considered a bit of one myself.
These new super-caffeinated 'energy drinks' are becoming very popular and Mountain Dew is the best selling vending soda (so I'm told by a freind in the industry).
Yes, I know I could look up data here on the internet, but just wondering if this caffeine rage is also present, or even more so, in other countries as well?
Any thoughts?

-jeff

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, there seem to be a lot of coffee houses in Germany. Other than that little useless bit of information i have no idea.

I certainly am a caffeine lover though. I wear this shirt a lot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hehe. Soda is good too. Go Pepsi!!!

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I miss out on my coffee in the morning, everyone has a bad day.

I trust you understand. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Coffee now makes me tired... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

The only 'kick' I get is if I use lots of sugar.

Mark

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have enough caffeine daily to kill a horse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I frequently wake up in the middle of the night with a headache, take highly caffinated headache pills and go right back to sleep...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Man, there's caffeinated gums, soda, pills, and even water! Yeah, I'm addicted to coffee for sure, thought about some of the other products on long drives...don't know if they would help keep me awake or not?

I tried the caffeinated water once - why I don't know!

DaFiend

Enlightened
I was having over 8 cups of black of a day toward the end of last year, i've weened my down to about 5 cups of tea (black of course). My eye's were darting about inside my skull.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I drink 3-5 cans of "Orange Rush" per day.
That stuff has lots of caffeine in it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once myself and a couple of mates had a whole box of Red Eye between us (I think it was about 8-10 bottles each) in one night. Since then I have re-named the stuff "hallucinogenic reindeer urine." Man we went to the dunny a lot that night. I remember (very little really, but I remember this!) queueing for the loo and then after going, just joining onto the end of the queue again. And so the night continued, always with another bottle of the juice in hand. I'm glad I don't have heart problems!

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont know...I think whenever I have caffeine its more phycological effects of me *thinking* its going to work. I think to myself that I am going to get jumpy, therefore I do.

I can get the same effects without it if I just think that way. I dont know, perhaps I am just a little insane or something?

Cameron

Frangible

Enlightened
I love to abuse caffeine. The only thing better than caffeine, is caffeine with about 90 mg of pseudoephedrine. It doesn't make the effect any more intense, it just makes it last a lot longer, and I abuse the hell outta that when I have deadlines pending at work!

I'm kinda weird though. I don't use it too often. Only when I *need* to. I find if I use it too much, I just get tolerant to it and it doesn't do much. But once in a while, has a lot better effect on me.

bindibadgi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Caffeine doesn't keep me up or anything, it just fills the gap (ie I go to sleep if I don't have it - who am I kidding, I go to sleep anyway!). It does make me need to pee through the night though if I have it in the evening.

verbie

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
Man, there's caffeinated gums, soda, pills, and even water! Yeah, I'm addicted to coffee for sure, thought about some of the other products on long drives...don't know if they would help keep me awake or not?

I tried the caffeinated water once - why I don't know!

[/ QUOTE ]i thought you were joking!! what's caffeinated water for??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
verbie said:
what's caffeinated water for??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one step behind crushing up the caffeine pills and snorting them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I used to drink it until they stopped selling it around here...

Frangible

Enlightened
Snorting caffeine really doesn't help the uptake of it, appearently, or so I've read. I kind of have an aversion to snorting things personally...

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need ONE cup, and just one cup, to start the morning. It can be anything, coffee, tea, Coke, Dew. Otherwise, I get this killer headache around 4-6PM in the evening, that absolutely does not go away till I go to bed. Aspirin and paracetamol do not help, neither does more caffiene at that point. If I forget, and I get it, too late. I also find that if I miss it, I don't focus as well.

Surprisingly, only one cup is needed to get the system booted. Any more may produce very short term alertness but does not really have much of an impact, so it doesn't make me drink a lot throughout the day. So I can get away with one cup, delivered at the right time, when I wake up, then drink water for the rest of the day if I want to, or usually, I have maybe a can of Coke to go with it.