Comparison Inova X5T white vs. blue LEDs?

Connor

Enlightened
Hello *@*,

is there a website with a (brightness) comparison between the Inova X5T white and the blue LED version?

Or could anyone who owns both lights (and a DigiCam
smile.gif
) make a quick beamshot at 5-10 feet? How's the perceived difference in brightness between the white and the blue light? Is the blue LEDs version much brighter?

Thanks in advance,

Connor

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey connor

just ordered my X5MT-BT and X5MT-WT. waiting for it to be delivered. will do some tests and post the results here.

howard@mbox

Connor

Enlightened
Hello "howard@mbox",

thanks for replying to my post.

I would love to buy the Inova right away, but I am wondering if 5x Nichia 5mm blue LEDs as used in the X5T are enough for a major "WOW" factor or if I should better look for a light with a Luxeon Star 1W Cyan or Royal Blue.

Greetings from Germany to the other side of the planet! ;-)

-Connor

Hemingray

Enlightened
I saw recently on the Jeff Corwin Experience (on Animal Planet), he did an advert for an Inova X5 Blue LED light (available at the Discovery Store). He was in a bat cave, and the light did appear pretty bright. First time I've seen one plugged on the telly...

Does Inova make an X5T using the 20,800 mCd blue-green LEDs? If they could get them all alighned real tightly, that would make a nice small eyefryer.

/ed brown in the land upover

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Conner. A Luxeon Star will be brighter than five 5mm Nichia's. A lot brighter.