After many months of reading the forum and much
consideration, I finally decided to go for it, and I
ordered the new Surefire L1 on the 8th of this month
from Surefire direct.
............................ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

After waiting 2 day for a shipping notice, I emailed
Surefire and was told that my order would be
shipped on the 1st of April.

April 1st - - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/Christo_pull_hair.gif ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif - - Thats 3 weeks !!!

Why does it take so long for Surefire to ship an order ?

..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/awman.gif ...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've decided not to order directly from Surefire again, after a 6-week delay in getting my new KL1 last fall. Their inventory and customer service are too unpredictable. I suspect that their priorities are in getting inventory to major dealers rather than direct-order customers. If so, they would be better off to forgo direct orders altogether, since their service just seems to frustrate customers.

Nubo

Enlightened
Ack! I ordered an L1 for a friend of mine's birthday, which has come and gone. got an email 2 days later that it was backordered. Gee, you'd expect a site with internet ordering to have enough on the ball to let you know what items are in stock and available for shipping. Not to impressed at this point with Surefire's "legendary" customer service... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Pwdrkeg

Enlightened
My Surefire L1 was shipped today !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/party.gif
Originally Surefire said that it wouldn't
be shipped until April 1st. They must have
heard how pissed I was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif and rushed
things up a bit. I'll give you guys my
thoughts shortly after I receive it.

....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

LaVaDog

Newly Enlightened
Yea I ordered a Surefire Hat before Christmas, and turns out it's backordered. I wait WELL over a month for it. Well in waiting I am seeing pictures of shotshow and everyone is wearing one. I bet they were handing them out.

O_DubhGhaill

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
asdalton said:
I've decided not to order directly from Surefire again, after a 6-week delay in getting my new KL1 last fall. Their inventory and customer service are too unpredictable. I suspect that their priorities are in getting inventory to major dealers rather than direct-order customers. If so, they would be better off to forgo direct orders altogether, since their service just seems to frustrate customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

vontech

Newly Enlightened
If not from Surefire, from WHOM do you order?? What experiences do you have? Who is the best in price and service to order from?

Not including oldgrandpajack -- I've already ordered from him and he seems to be TERRIFIC!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks!

O_DubhGhaill

Newly Enlightened
I've recently had my first experience with BrightGuy ("BG") and am happily on my way to becoming a regular. Absolutely courteous and thoroughly professional service by Greg and Tina. For example, when I wasn't happy with an L1 I received from SF through BG, BG sent me another within hours of my telephone conversation with them. BG also included a UPS return label with the replacement light, not charging my credit card in advance then crediting when they received the return, like so many other places would do, including SF! As they are in Ohio and I'm in Central New York, delivery is within two days! Hope this helps.

O'DubhGhaill sends.