• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired USL Buyers Notice! Check amounts please!!!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
ALONG WITH THE REFUNDS, WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN CREDITED, PLEASE CHECK CODEMANS POST HERE AND SEE IF WHAT YOU RECEIVED WAS WHAT WAS EXPECTED!!

IF NOT, PLEASE PM HIM TO CHECK AMOUNTS AGAINST THE SPREAD SHEET!!

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED A COMPLETED REFUND BY NOW, ALL ARE SHOWING IN MY ACCOUNT AS REFUNDED AND I AM ASSURED THAT YOURS SHOULD ALSO!!

TO MY USL CUSTOMERS:

I have had and used a PayPal account for 5 years.

I have NEVER had anybody comment negatively on my PayPal business nor have I had any disputes during that time.

I have, admittedly, never done a sale even remotely the size of the USL sale.

That said, PayPal has decided to freeze my account due to the significantly increased volume going through it.

They will gladly hold the funds for 180 days and then release the funds if no complaints have been filed!!

My only other option is to ask that the funds be returned to my customers.

This will affect approx. the last 10-20 customers who have paid. (I still have to sort that out and figure out who this affects.)

Irregardless, the ones that it affects will be receiving a refund from PayPal almost immediately.

After spending most of the day significantly pissed off and at one point actually having decided to say "screw it" and refund EVERYBODIES money, the cooler heads of Jim Sexton and Ray prevailed and we will continue on.

I have sufficient funds to order all the necessary items to get the lights started, at this point.

I don't yet have the funds to order all the chargers, however.

Since it was my intent to order the chargers and power supplies last since they will be delivered in just 5 days, this should not significantly impact delivery times!!

SO HERE IS THE DEAL. THOSE WHO RECEIVE REFUNDS FROM PAYPAL WILL NEED TO SEND A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ASAP!!!

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE AND LOOK FORWARD TO HELPING OUT IN ANY WAY POSSIBLE!!!

Please feel free to PM or Email me at any time if you have questions.

Bill

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Buyers Notice!!!!

Bummer for you. Don't sweat it! If I get a refund, I'll send a check ASAP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm confident we'll work through this together and, in the end, everyone will still be VERY HAPPY to have a USL!!

juancho

Enlightened

Peu from Argentina whent to the same problem with Pay Pal, but it was resolved, why you don't get in touch with him to see what it was done to resolve the issue?
I don't have trouble in sending you a check.
I hope it will resolve on your favor.
best regards
Juan C.

TimAckerman

Newly Enlightened

How many USL orders did you have??

You must have had a VERY large amount of orders to cause PayPal to do that!

Sorry to hear about the incionvience!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
bwaites said:
I only read that over 20 times, thanks Ray.

Can you tell I have PayPal on the brain!!!!

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have too! In your case, though, it's a waste of a good brain! Stop it or I will have to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif ya! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast

PEU had to refund everyone too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
This PP business is a pain.

I had 5 digit worth of $$$ going thru my business PP w/o a problem. If you have gradual buildup I think it's OK.

I think the problem here is the sudden surge in volume. Too bad for them since they're getting ~4% of it.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Bill...

SO...how did your day go otherwise? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I was going to send my Paypal payment tonight. Should I instead send a check, and if so, payable to whom and sent to what address? OR...is there another Paypal address I should/can use?

Sorry to hear about these trials and tribulations, but thanks so much for going on with the venture!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

It is the sudden surge.

I asked if it had happened over 4-6 weeks if it would have caused a problem and they said, NO!

The other major factor, and one I didn't remember from the contract with PayPal, is that you must deliver goods within 20 days of payment.

How many businesses do that!!

The third option, which I didn't mention above, was to deliver 20 lights within 20 days and they would release the funds. Since that was blatantly impossible, I explained that they could have their account back. (Well I didn't really, but I wanted to!!!)

Interestingly, when I asked about all the custom Knife makers using PayPal, Knowing that their orders take more than 20 days, they told me that if they were aware he were a knifemaker, he would be closed out as well, since they would not do business with any weapons dealers or manufacturers.

I then pointed out that lots of Gun Dealers and Knife dealers have direct links and that PayPal is direct linked to EBay, (they are owned by Ebay) and that EBay does a huge business in knives. They just blew that off with the standard, "well that can't be since its against our rules".

I SHOULD POINT OUT THAT AFTER MULTIPLE READINGS (WITH AND WITHOUT THEIR REPS EXPLANATIONS) OF THE USER AGREEMENT, I CAN'T FIND THE GUN DEALER/KNIFE DEALER EXCLUSION, SO THE GUY I WAS TALKING TO MIGHT BE BLOWING SMOKE!!

Bill

paulr

Flashaholic

Ehhh, I didn't really want to use Paypal anyway (would have preferred to send a check) but I didn't want to keep you waiting. So if I get a PP refund then I'll be happy to send you a check.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

If they don't do business with any weapons dealers or manufacturers, then they won't be doing any further business with me! I was already thinking about it, but that clinched it. It's time to close my account...

I'm sick and tired of good and decent people having to pay (whether in money, time, or otherwise) because of the measures companies take to protect themselves against thieves.

My PayPal account is now closed.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Talk about feces ocurring! I can have a check (very high durometer) in the mail in a heartbeat! (Or a USPS MO!) O Manhe Padme Hum, O Manhe Padme Hum, O mahne Padme Hum..... (Didn't help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif )

Larry

nethiker

Enlightened

Wow, sorry to hear about the difficulty. No worries here. I think you guys have been doing a super job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif Just let me know if you need me to send a check. I checked PP, and I do not have a refund yet. I paid on 3/6.

Keep up the good work.
Greg

Sakugenken

Newly Enlightened

Sorry to hear about the hassle. I just checked my paypal account and haven't gotten a refund yet. If I do, a check will go right out (I have an account in a CA bank, so it will be in US dollars). As far as the 20 day shipping rule, why not just say you will (no one hear will say anything different).

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sakugenken,

They require shipping verification and may call or PM the member. If you don't send the product, it constitutes fraud!

Bill

chasm22

Newly Enlightened

bwaites,

Perhaps you can find some solace in the fact that PayPalSucks.com grabbed 2nd place in the Forbes.com compilation of the "Top Corporate Hate Web Sites."

They sure make my short list for a company in need of a civil and/or criminal investigation.

chasm22