NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: Lens protection....crazy idea

Default Lens protection....crazy idea

Has anyone ever put one of those Butler Creek flip up scope lens protectors on their flashlight? I don't know why I thought of that. If you carred one on your belt I wonder if they make one that would fit a small flashlight?

Default Re: Lens protection....crazy idea

I used to use them on my riflescopes, they make a wide range of sizes. I am not sure if it was Uncle Mike's, but a brand I used (I want to say "Blizzard" but I'm not sure) had a little red button along the edge and pressing it would make the spring-loaded and hinged cover flip up, cool action plus hands-free.

Flashaholic*

To my eye there are alot of SFs own offerings look like flip up caps.
    Not the clamp on stuff (ie FM34) but the push on stuff.

The Streamlight TL-2 Thunder Ranch kit really looks like a Butler Creek cap also.

Flashaholic

Bushwacker makes flip up covers for scopes and also market the smaller size, #1, as mini-mag covers. I've found them in red, blue, and yellow and been using the red one on my L-1 since before SF started selling them in this cofiguration. They've proven to be very usefull and rugged in my experience and with something like the L-1 you get two levels of light in each color. Also the bushwacker is about 3-4 dollars cheaper for the exact same thing. They also will fit on an A-2, although it's a tight fit and may constrict the beam a little, but not that I've noticed.

I should have know I couldn't come up with an original idea [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

What may be an original idea is one that is a translucent color such as red. That would give you the option for a red light or flip it up for white. Anyone see one like that?