candle mode reflector?

Weylan

Enlightened
I have been looking at some of the awesome mods and lights using LEDs that are coming off commercially and by hobbyists. What I am looking for is a nice way to convert a great beam light into a light that can be used on a desk for reading, seeing or mapping that would give me hands free access. I know that niteyze(?) has a solution for a headband that may work so I have that solved, but I was thinking of a solution for reading on a desk or table that uses the same awesome lights we are now blessed with like the Ivonva XO, T1/2/3 and soon to be LionCub…

I was thinking of 2 pieces of (part A)polished stainless steel in an "X" stood on edge like a book spread open. (Part B) There is a slot in the top that can handle another bent piece of stainless steel bent in roughly a 120 degree angle. This would look sort of like a house. Part A has 2 holes that you can put a Velcro strip through and hold the light right at the center so the light stands up and points up if the light will not balance on it's own on the tailcap. This also gives it some weight to hold the reflector down.

This whole contraption should hold one of our cool lights that give us the ability to place the light on what I consider a "glorified reflector" that can angle ALL the light down and infront of you so you can read or look at things on a table.

Any one have other ideas of a prebuilt thing that will do this? Simpler? I like Otokoyama's candle head, but would this work as well? This also sounds pretty packable for transport too.

Any one able to help me put one together?

Donovan

Enlightened
Nite Ize has a holster/pouch that has a reflective surface on the inside flap. This may work for other lights as well:

" The Nite Ize® Lite Holster™ is designed to carry AA mini-flashlight & 2 spare batteries. Inside flap acts as a reflector for area light. A patent pending metal frame back allows you to stand, hang or shine the holster anywhere."

http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=66&PHPSESSID=53c868c6d939bcd9962aa36193232b68

liteholster_1.jpg

Weylan

Enlightened
So does any one know how well the The Nite Ize® Lite Holster™ works with some of the smaller 123 lights, like the upcomming lionCub or such?

Will a 3x AAA light fit in it like a reactor or 2x 123 like a streamlight twintask or Invona X0?

I am trying to gauge size? and versatility