110V AC LED Bulbs and more

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
As part of my job (flashlight searching/purchasing on work time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif) I have to outfit a StarLab with some decent lighting. By that I mean replace the exposed 60watt bulb and $2 flashlights whose bulbs break constantly with something a bit more useable.

I think we are going to go with some Essential Gear 10 LED spotlights to replace the clip-on 60 watt bulb that has caused problems with burns, breakage, etc. Then I saw the 110V AC replacement LED bulbs at AdvancedMart and wondered how they would work in your standard clip-on with metal shade light. Does anybody have additional information on the 110V AC LED replacement bulbs from AdvancedMart?

Other thoughts on solutions here? I am also looking for a not-too expensive ($25 max) red LED flashlight. It needs to use std (AAA, AA, C, D) batteries, but must be large enough that it doesn't "fall" into a student's pocket.

Any other comments/suggestions gratefully accepted!

thanks
chris

lahjik

Newly Enlightened
No, I am just someone looking to buy 3 or 4 lights for an educational institution.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clip-on Metal Shade? Like a reading light? I've got one of them, it has 18 LEDs and I got it from superbrightleds.com I use it in a reading style lamp that I've clipped onto my computer so I can type without turning on all of the lights in the room. It works really well, I think..

As for that red LED light, there are many options you could look at. A red LED light that uses AAA,AA,C,D batteries has a ton of different options. Personally, I'd find something that I like, then teather it so it doesn't wander away. I'd personally go with an Infinity Ultra, a single AA LED light that is small and light enough that you can tie it to yourself so it doesn't get lost. .