Gerber TriTac?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Going to pick up my new Gerber TriTac from UPS. Is thing thing more than three Infinties stuffed in a tube?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifchiphead

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your comparison to three Infinity Ultras is pretty well on.

Mine is a very useful light (standard Trio).

greenLED

Flashaholic
AFAIK, the TriTac is simply the "tactical version" (whatever that means... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif) of the Trio. The switch is different and it has an anti-roll bezel. I don't know if it's HA.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
tri tac is the so called "tactical version" like green said, of the trio. Trio is a nice light for me. slightly dimmer than X5, but there is more actual flood light than the X5.

Whats good about the Trio is that there are few 2 AA battery suckers out there. The single AA battery suckers are just too dim overall for around the house work, and for me, its hard to come by 123s, which is what most good battery suckers run off of, so I like the Trio. It is pretty tough too. I dont think the Tri Tac is worth getting though. But the TX 3.0 sure has me interested.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer the Trio over the TriTac. The Trio is already heavy enough without the presumably larger anti-roll bezel and the heftier clicky tailcap. With AA lithiums, the Trio is significantly lighter and very comfortable for pocket carry. I think the LEDs are even slightly more overdriven (thus bluer) with the lithium cells, but I prefer a blue tinge to my LED lights for the little bit of fluorescence it causes as well as making the beam a little more visible in dark conditions (something I prefer with all my lights). Also, as others have pointed out, the Trio (and presumably also the TriTac) has a really nice satiny feel in the hand due to it's matte finish. It's a very handsome light indeed when you actually see them up close. Just turning the twisty tailcap barely past "off" allows the tailcap to be used as a momentary "on" switch. It tailstands quite well also, which the Tritac may not do.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been playing with all night, it does a lot with the two AA cells. This one is going in the glove box for sure. The beam is pretty nice for a three-some, but I've yet to try lithuims or rechargables. I'd gotten it from TADGEAR.

chiphead
----------------------------
p.s
I'm now looking at the new (tactical) version of the LX-3.

dim

Enlightened
Do the TriTac and TX3.0 have true clickies or tactical twisties with a momentary switch?

dim

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a clickie alright, but there is not click to speak of. It's very quiet and the momentary (morse code)only with some practice.

chiphead

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I see is a head that needs to be sanded and polished and even replace the LEDs. My what use to be wimpy Gerber Infinity is 3 times the light it use to be since I've sanded the reflector and replaced the LED.