Best single 123A LED flashlight to buy?

iocheretyanny

Enlightened
After reading the post about multiple 123A exploding, I would like to add a single 123A flashlight for everyday carry and use.

As small and light as possible, and comfortable for pocket, long life, preferably Luxeon over 5mm LED's, variable light output if possible.

No particular price in mind.

Does something like that exist?

Thanks!

jake359

Newly Enlightened
Love my Nuwai Q3. My EDC light.

lightsaber.jpg

bullinchinashop

Enlightened
If there are any Circuit City's by you see if they carry the Nexxtech 1 Watt Luxeon. It's a bit large for a single 123A flashlight but the build quality is very good. It has 2 brightness levels,side push-button,and a very wide beam. Sells for $36.The beam has a slight green tint(You'll notice it if you look for it but it doesn't affect every day use unles your every day use is shining it at white walls) There is supposed to be a 3 watt version coming/available but I haven't been able to find anything about it so far.

cia

Newly Enlightened
Surefire (new style) L1. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wrangler

Enlightened
Get you a Nuwai Q3 and run it with a rechargeable r123! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
A little bit bigger but still pocketable and a good throwing
single 123a light at an affordable price: Inova T1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Wolfgang /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
The Q3 is becoming more and more popular around here. Personally, I'd go with the FireFly because of the more elegant look. That said, the Arc LS is also a nice light.

TRC

Newly Enlightened
For value and function, I don't think you can beat the QIII.

There are nicer flashlights, but at double, or more, the cost.

The QIII has a nice hotspot, very good spill light, stands on it's tail, useses the Luxeon III, known to really cut down on the bad tint Luxeon Lottery (Mine looks pure white to me; likely it is not, but that's what I SEE, and I'm VERY happy with it.)

It's not a perfect flashlight, but in today's market, nothing can equal or exceed it for size, light output, beam quality, and of course, the sub $50 price.

You won't be dissapointed.

An HDS flashlight? 2.5 to 3 times the cost, no firm delivery date. Six weeks? Next August? Nobody really seems to know.

Arc-LS: One of the best and smallest single 123 flashlights ever made. The company is out of business, so they are collector items, with no factory service.

Go for the QIII: you won't be dissapointed!

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my Fire~Flys ! They are tiny!

Surefire KL1 on an E1e body is nice

markdi

Flashlight Enthusiast
buy a arc ls then mod it with a twoh and a reflector and a ucl lens then bump the current to the led up a bit = nice light.

absoLite

Newly Enlightened
If you do not care for the price, maybe you should go for an HDS EDC. You will have to wait a long time till you get one, though, it seems.
If you want a nice light with a good price, the QIII would be a good choice. It can be modded to have 2 output levels.

E

Emilion

Get a Q III for average close to mid range coverage, or KL1 + FB1 for throw.