• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Cut down pewter lithium ion Mag3X - price drop

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Letting go a PEWTER cut-down Mag3X light. This light shares the same front-end as the original Mag3X, including T-bin Luxeon 3s, SO20XA reflectors and Ultra Clear (UCL) glass lens.

mag3x-cutdown.jpg

The difference is in the color and the fact that the light is much shorter than the original Mag3X due to the use of lithium ion cells - it's set up to be driven on either a Pila 168A or 18650 unprotected lithium ion. Cells are not included. End users are responsible for provisioning their own cells and chargers. Pila 168As and chargers can be obtained from http://www.jsburlys.com . I'm including a basic sleeve made out of rolled paper. You can 'roll your own' if you choose to use Pila 168S (thinner) cells and I'm sure you can come up with a nicer sleeve than I can anyway.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The body is a pewter 2C that was cut down to fit a 18650 and machine work was facilitated by modamag - those of you who own lights from him will know how clean and precise the cutdown job is.

Due to the fact that this Mag3X-18650 retains the modular PR-base plug that the original did, you can actually unscrew the entire head assembly, and screw it onto a 3C-cell Mag body (alkaline and NiMH compatible) to get more runtime. I could swap bodies between the two lights shown above and run on NiMH or lithium ion.

Asking $120 shipped anywhere in the world. Post here to claim the light and send cash PP to kevin [at] htgk.org . If you need to use CC Paypal, send me a PM. Normal PP fees apply. Thanks!

Price adjusted. $80 if you just want the light engine alone.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Cut down pewter lithium ion Mag3X -240 lum

Added a couple more pics.

240 lumens - in a light the size of a Surefire C3 with Turbohead. Bright white and beautiful on fresh cells. Beamshots can be found in the original Mag3X thread, it's every bit as impressive as the Mag3X. Light is brand new and just built.

Soda and L4 not included /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
mag3x-cutdown2.jpg

Business end:
mag3x-cutdown3.jpg

Unprotected lithium ion cells can be had for $9, 4sevens is selling them again. These are the good 2400mAH cells that should deliver over an hour of runtime at full power.

jarris50

Newly Enlightened

Kevin,,,how much for the LE only, no body. I want to put in a regular 3C for longer runtime.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can make it $80 shipped. You'll receive the module fully assembled with all electrical connections in place. It looks like this except that this is an unfinished module. Yours will be completely wired. Includes the 3 reflectors. If you want the UCL I can give it to you at cost as well, $7 extra.

mag3x-9.jpg

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

First and last price adjustment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bumpit.gif basically, I'm moving this one for just parts cost, need to clean out the workbench and recover some $$.

jarris50

Newly Enlightened

Kevin,,,I'll take the LE for $80.00 and a UCL for $7.00. Send me a PM with your paypal address. John

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

You've got dibs on the LE and the UCL. PM sent /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Next 'dibs' on Just the LE if its a drop in (no soldering)

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a drop-in, all the soldering was done by yours truly - the Mag3X was originally built as a TK ready-to-use complete light.

jarris50 has sent Paypal, so it'll be going to him. Thanks for your interest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif