TNC AA was worth the wait,

gorlank

Enlightened
Just received the new 350 ma AA light and really impressed with it. It's beautifully machined with precise knurling, top notch workmanship. The beam is excellent as well, bright with lots of spill. Thumbs up all around.

tncaa1.jpg

tncaa2.jpg

nuwaiitncaa1.jpg

gorlank

Enlightened
Thanks Cornkid,

I didn't have too much time to play with it last night but I was impressed with the beam. It was white with a nice hotspot and lots of spill, really surprised how much it lit up a dark room. I can see why these are so sought after.

Robban

Enlightened
Wow it's much smaller than I thought it was. On its own it looks pretty big but compared to the QIII (which is pretty darn small) it looks tiny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If only I had the money to burn...

PAtwood

Newly Enlightened
Worth the money and the wait. It's all about the little things like the way Chris takes the time to debur around the lanyard hole. These things are made right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Krahl

Newly Enlightened
I got mine yesterday. This light is a work of art. I love it.I found myself playing with it the whole day.
It is exceptionally bright, does it really only pull 350 mA from the battery?
Some accessories would be nice, like a pouch or even a tail clickie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
Krahl said:
Some accessories would be nice, like a pouch or even a tail clickie. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The Kroll tailcap switch works on the 200ma version. They were made to work with the Kroll switch.

edit: The Kroll switch will not work on the 350ma version.

Krahl

Newly Enlightened
Hoghead,

thanks for the hint. As a newbie I know nothing about it. Where can I purchase the Kroll switch? I`d really love to have one. Does TNC offer them?

Please help.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
TNC doesn't sell them as far as I know.

The Sandwich Shoppe sells them, but it looks like they need to be refreshed. You might want to check back in a few days. Be sure and check out The Shoppe while you're there.

Flashlight King has them too. Item number PIMBS001

gorlank

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
PAtwood said:
Worth the money and the wait. It's all about the little things like the way Chris takes the time to debur around the lanyard hole. These things are made right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%, the heft and solidity of one of these in the hand is quite amazing. I am really looking forward to landing a matching N cell version to complete the pair. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Krahl

Newly Enlightened
The Kroll switch that fit the Key Lux 200 mA won`t fit the 350 mA modell because the battery tube has the screw thread on the outside now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Maybe TNC will come up with an additional switch some day.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a proto switch already made up using a kroll switch. I have to see what people think of this switch before I decide to make a prduction run of them.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Krahl said:
I got mine yesterday. This light is a work of art. I love it.I found myself playing with it the whole day.
It is exceptionally bright, does it really only pull 350 mA from the battery?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have pouches made for these lights. I will post them on my website tonight. BTW I do sell Kroll switches also, just incase people wanted to purchase them. They will NOT fit the new 350mA version Key-Lux AA light. I have a proto tail cap made up using a kroll switch. Some prototypes will be available to the few people that are registered in my forum section on my website.

Krahl

Newly Enlightened
I`ll order a pouch as soon as available. One of the prototype Kroll switches would be nice too.

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw on the TnC webpage that the:
TnC AA 350mA is avail for purchase he has 10 left as of 08 jul 05. also if you register on his forum there is a forum called "specials for forum memebers" where you can buy the kroll switch for the 350mA, it won't fit the 200mA because he changed the tail from male to female to facilitate the switch (I think).

enjoy
Doug