Clone vs. Clone: How to ID?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, the Xnova led lights are clones of Inova styles. Then, there are clones of the clones, so to speak. If I'm getting this right (please correct me), the Xnova lights are good quality, with decent brightness, runtime and boost circuits. The second tier/generation clones (non-Xnova) are said to be poorer in quality, brightness and runtime, while looking almost exactly (the point, no doubt) as the Xnovas. How can one tell them apart by visual inspection? Is it the ridge on the bezel surrounding the leds? Amondotech graciously told CPF that the 'nova clones on their site were of less than stellar quality (MAJOR kudos for Amondotech on THAT one!).

Can those with experience here chime in?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! No one knows about this? Whatever happened to all those Xnova lovers out there? What happened to being able to buy a 5led/1AA or 3led/1AAA Xnova, anyway? Why did they dry up and disappear, even from Ebay? What is the record for consecutive questions asked on CPF?

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
What, after selling tons of these lights, the Chinese factory owner said that's it, I'm not making anymore?! Those that bought these loved them. You almost never see them on BST. Who's not telling the truth...?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh2.gif

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have imported some Xnova ligths last summer, they were sold very quickly (it was 3LED1AAA, 5LED1AA and 8LED2AA). Soon I'm going to have a total new range (with more models) of Xnova lights. Made of good materials and very good quality. I'm going to launch them on the Belgian market. If there is a lot of interest on CPF, maybe I can organise a group buy in cooperation with an American member of CPF. If you are interested, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]