Rechargeable 123A for Scorpion??

Loben

Newly Enlightened
Hi People, my name is Ben and I am now to this helpful fourm.
I now using a Scorpion from Streamlight and loves the output of the light and it help me all the time. I love this light a lot eventhough I would like to have a rechargeable Surefire, since its hard to find surefire dealer in Toronto.
After reading this message board and found someone is selling the Nano 123R charger and batteries, will it fits to the my light??? What is the advantage and disadvantage on this charger kit? Will this rechargeable batteries could burn out by bulb in the scorpion?
Thanks for all the info.
Ben

E

Emilion

2 X R123 cell's voltage @4.2v (8.4V total) will certainly blow your scorpion's blub. I don't hv a scorpion but a similar NF-2, which can use TL-3's blub (9V). If your scorpion accept TL-3's blub, yes, the Nano and R123 are good for you.

AW

Newly Enlightened
Loben,

For safety concerns, it is NOT recommended to stack two unprotected R123 in any application. Things bad may happpen due to different discharge rates from the two different cells. The risk involves damaged cells to exploding cells - need to be very cautious.
The best way to utilize an LiION in your Scorpion is to swap for a 3.7V Strion bulb and by using an #17670 cell or a Pila 168S.

AW

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Joseph said:
How long does strion bulb run with 17670?

Joseph

[/ QUOTE ]

My test result was about 35 to 40 minutes runtime with noticeably dimming output after 20 minutes on a 1400mAH 17670.

E

Emilion

[ QUOTE ]
AW said:
Loben,

For safety concerns, it is NOT recommended to stack two unprotected R123 in any application. Things bad may happpen due to different discharge rates from the two different cells. The risk involves damaged cells to exploding cells - need to be very cautious.
The best way to utilize an LiION in your Scorpion is to swap for a 3.7V Strion bulb and by using an #17670 cell or a Pila 168S.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh....I've been using this combination for months....Thanks for your information. Do you know where can I get a Strion bulb? I've many 17670 already.

Loben

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the info and now I better stick with my CR123 regaler battery for my flash light.

I am new to this forum and will have more questions and hope you guys could help me out.

Again thanks for help.

Ben