Picked up a Delphi XM MyFi with XM2Go

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I've been a subscriber to XM Radio for a couple years now. I purchased it when my I purchased my '03 Impala LS that came with it. Since then, I almost exclusively listen to XM. I love the programming and channel line-up and don't mind the monthly subscription charge. Anyway, when I learned they were coming out with a portable (Walkman type) XM receiver, I just couldn't wait to get one. I went to Best Buy today and grab one. It's fantastic.

Lars

Newly Enlightened
My son works for Best Buy and was given one of these free(nice perk!) before the public intro (had to agree to a 6-month XM subscription or something) and it is a terrific piece of audio equipment.I wasn't familiar with XM before but what an impressive unit and technology, I agree that it is worth the monthly fee.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant wait for their other lines of similar portable as well as time shifting devices. These radios can also record programming or songs to listen to later or when you are unable to get a signal.

For a year or so I had my xm radio attached to my wheelchair and listened to it on the paratransit service, between classes and waiting for the paratransit bus. You get audio feeds of network news channels, talk shows and music. http://www.wheelchairmodifications.org/xm_install.htm

BobVA

Enlightened
I had some serious issues with the "lipstick" external antenna. It didn't seem to work the slightest bit better than the internal antenna.

I wound up buying a spare patch antenna and putting an SSMB connector on it (after cutting the cable to about three feet) so I could plug it into the jack on the side of the unit. That works great for portable use when stuck on my backpack.

If you have bad results with the lipstick antenna, try the patch. You can connect it to the MyFi via the car cradle for a test (the cradle doesn't have to be powered for this to work). If it works a lot better, you might want to build a portable patch.

Cheers,
Bob