Best sandwich for AA

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
as a continuation of my "what do i need now?" thread. i've decided i want.......er, need
grin.gif
a drop in led for a brinkman AA.

i'm seriously considering the badboy 400. would this be the logical choice for running straight alkalines? i forget the runtimes and will have to go check again.

i'm also excited about picking up a ucl from flashlightlens. i've kicked this idea round before but i'm getting it nailed down.

comments/suggestions welcome.

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
Whatever you buy make sure to buy the mineral glass scratch resistant replacement lenses to replace the cheap plastic stock lenses. They only cost about one buck. Order at same time to avoid shipping.

Wayne Yamaguchi, Dat2Zip's sandwich page, is selling cyan and royal blue madmax sandwiches; at least he was last night. You have to understand that madmaxes are only for rechargeable NIMH batteries; they hold tight regulation with NIMH. You can also turn a little knob on the board to change output with the madmax. I set mine on a lower setting and I get 7 hours of reasonably bright light on just 2 AA nimh 1850 mah Kodak batteries. If you get a madmax, get the cyan, royal blue and white since usually only the white is available.

For the alkaline batteries you need the badboy 400 or 500. There is only 30 minutes difference in runtime between the two. They both suck battery juice like crazy. If that's what you're getting you basically have decided to buy a bright short running light so you might as well go all the way and get the bad boy 500, the brightest available. If you want long life, get the madmax and a set of good NIMH AA's and set it for 4 hours, 3/4 arc ls output, or 7 hours, 1/2 to 1/3 arc ls output. Also, get a rapid AA charger like the mahac401fs, because it is so nice to be able to crank out charged batteries in just 100 minutes.

logicnerd411

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, get the Kroll tailcap switch! I had to order it in a second shipment after thinking it over, and it is a MUST!