Surefire HID Flashlight? (not the beast)

NightShift

Enlightened
I was looking through surefire's photo gallery and came across something called the arclight. Has anyone seen this? I don't see it for sale on the site.

arclight_closeup_large.jpg

Size15's

Flashaholic
I regret to inform you that this is a proto-type from a couple of years ago and not a production item. The project was shelved.

Al

Size15's

Flashaholic
Andreas,
The proto-types SureFire decide not to progress would make us cry. PK has a large number of staff at SureFire who are tasked with producing proto-types all day every day.

Al

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
Most of us aren't ready yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was 23,000 lumens and went 20 hours on an AA battery. It was invented by a guy named Fisher and the battery company bought the patent.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15's said:
Andreas,
The proto-types SureFire decide not to progress would make us cry. PK has a large number of staff at SureFire who are tasked with producing proto-types all day every day.

Al

[/ QUOTE ]

/me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

That does look a little bit like the business end of my Mag2HID with 10W Welch Allyn Solarc HID capsule. The bulb resemblance is there.

If so, we can take some comfort in the fact that we have our Mag2HIDs/miniHIDs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pic added:
aad.sized.jpg

You can't see the slightly raised base around the bulb just like in the Surefire photo, but it's there in person.

300winmag

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
kongfuchicken said:
Most of us aren't ready yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it was 23,000 lumens and went 20 hours on an AA battery. It was invented by a guy named Fisher and the battery company bought the patent.

23,000 lumens for 20 hours on a AA???? You Sure?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
nah, that thing runs on proprietary 123As developed by surefire, 600AH per cell... but if one vented..
which was why the project was dumped.

;)

ugrey

Enlightened
Does Radio Shack sell those nuclear AAs yet? :)

And if they do, do their salesmen glow in the dark?