DavidW, where are you?

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I am correct, DavidW was the founder of CPF which proved mistaken my previous assumption that Sasha was founder. So where is DavidW now? Someone said he is married or something. Oh yeah, btw, Sasha, how did you become site administrator? Did DavidW appoint you?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
David W. was indeed the founder and used to post quite regularly revealing much about his personal life including divorce and marriage as well as job experiences. Some people know him personally such as Craig and Sasha. I think it would be wonderful to get an update on his life.

Greta

Flashaholic
I have no idea where David is now or what he is doing. It has been a few months since he has even logged in to CPF and over 7 months since he last posted.

I became the site administrator a few years ago when David's life was changing and he needed someone to take care of the place while he was away. My original "job" was to take care of the software and manage upgrades, etc. More and more, David was absent from CPF and unable to take care of it financially or administratively. So I did the best I could... in both areas. Over time, I guess that became acceptable to the members of CPF and for the most part, they didn't seem to mind having me around. As of about 18 months ago, financial responsibility of CPF has been mine. I found ways to take the bulk of the burden off of myself by creating the bannerad program. Then I started the auctions and raffles. As many of you know, I have also put alot of time into upgrades and maintenance in order to keep up with the growth of CPF. Again, for the most part, most don't seem to mind having me around.

Last July, the CPF domain name expired. David didn't renew it. I never knew it was due to expire. The server dudes stepped in and covered our *** for us until I could take care of things. I renewed the CPF domain name... with my own money... and got us back on line.

DavidW was and is the founder of CPF. And I for one am very grateful to him for having the vision to start a place like this. I am also grateful that he had such faith in me to take care of things. In that, it would seem that his faith was well placed... he knew I would never abandon CPF... that I would always take care of you all. He knew that even before I did.

So it seems that David has moved on with his life... and left CPF in my hands. Yes, I am the owner of CPF now. But truly CPF is nothing without it's members. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

nexro

Enlightened
Thanks for all the information /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I never knew that much about DavidW until I read Sasha's post. Glad that you took care of things else I wouldn't have found CPF.

Thanks for doing all the hard work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
I got to meet David and converse with him at last year's SHOT show. He was about to get married and that was his preoccupation! He left the place in good hands!
(Edit: Heck of a lot things to get whoop with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Sasha
Ummm.. Ummm.. Wow. I didn't quite know the big picture. You must be proud to the owner of the best fourm on the net. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:...don't seem to mind having me around.

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Honestly ----> You REALLY don't know how much we LOVE having you around and how much WE REALLY APPRECIATE you and all that you do!!!

Thank you from my heart & mind and again, thanks to David for his vision!

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
<font color="red"> HI SASHA: </font>
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goodjob.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha, "financial responsibility" - in other words, out of your pocket? Wow.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

I lived through the July domain expiry thing, and now I understand a little bit better.

Your work is definitely appreciated in keeping everything going, including raising the money and all that - it's a heavy responsibility and I know it can't be cheap to keep two high powered UNIX boxes up there month after month. If there is anything we can do for you, let us know.

nethiker

Enlightened
A thank you to DavidW.

And a toast /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy23.gif to you Sasha, and good wishes for the day you become CPF's financial responcibility.

Greg.

83Venture

Enlightened
I knew Sasha was a major part of CPF but it seems she is even more important than I had known. Thanks for saving CPF for us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sasha,
WOW! I just want to say thanks for keeping this place around. I would have never started modding flashlights if I had not stumbled across this place and would still be using just my Rebel Longlife flashlight. And you're right that without all of the CPF members we would have no easy resources to gather parts and information.

Thanks Sahsha and all the CPFers that contribute so much time and energy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes Thank you Sasha for dedicating so much of your time to CPF and keeping it above water! Without CPF, I dont know where or waht I would be stuck with today.... (what=Mags...)

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great thread Mags and what a great job you do Sasha! This site has just grown to such monstrous proportions. I've also wondered what happened to David but never thought to ask.

I remember when this site was born and we all were just looking for better bulbs for our maglites! Sasha/Craig; didn't David start this site when he was a member of the Blade/Knife forums and there was such an interest there in lights?

Also Craig, I've noticed over the last year or so that you also collect cassette boomboxes like I do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Sasha... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Just another vote of thanks.

Thank you for coming into all of our lives and keeping this wonderful and magical world of the CPF alive. The CPF is comprised of the nicest group of eclectic souls to ever assemble and inhabit the far reaches of cyberspace. And it is your hard work and dedication that allows this to be so.

And to DavidW...thank you for your vision, and for your efforts to create that very magic in the first place.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Another stunning thread to read and resurrect. All before my time....but so appreciative of all that came before me. Somehow looking into the Ginseng Aurora 2 thread got me here. LOL!