Wal-mart LEDs revisited.....

bteel

Newly Enlightened
I was at wal-mart the other day and picked up a new led I found. It is similar to a photon style and was about $5.00. The switch is a sliding on/off and has a push button momentary on.Kinda like the GI Angle lights. It takes a couple of CR2016 batteries. I was not impresssed with the output and brightness of mine.

Actually, the reason I mention here is the cool carry system. It comes with a nice removable snap link for key rings and a plastic snap in case like for cell phones or the Leatherman juice. You can keep it on your belt or pocket and just slip it out and replace with ease. You can also clip it to the brim of your hat and use it that way.

As far as I am concerned the carry system is great. I think I will put a photon LED in mine. Here is a scan. I got the clear, they are available in other colors as well.
pubimage.asp

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
...they're made by Cyclops. IMHO, not a bad little light for the price.

PJD

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
Where'd you find them in Walmart ... near the flashlights? Or camping? Or bicycles?

Inquiring minds want to know!

bteel

Newly Enlightened
They were in with thye flashlights. Tha package looks pretty similar to the phtoton package if you are familiar. I like to use it around the house at night, it's not too bright to annoy but really helps. It is so lightweight you can clip it anywhere. I want to get some new batts and try that.

By the way, the scan above should be actual size at 800X600 resolution.