US members - what do you think of Sheriff Bunnell?

Minimoog

Enlightened
Hi,

We have the Sheriff come on and do the 'Wildest Police Videos' show. However I think we are REALLY behind on these. Is the Sheriff still doing this show and is it weekly (with new clips each week) or are you getting repeats as well.

I really enjoy the Sheriff - he really hams it up! Gives me a laugh whenever he comes on /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Favourite quote from the show: "His <font color="red"> economy </font> sports car was no match for the power of the patrol vehicle", and the regular tyre blowouts - what is it with US tyres - they always seem to be going bang! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<font color="black"> </font> All the best,

Ian, UK

X33

Enlightened
Yeah, I agree. Some of the videos seem ages old. We need new stuff. Good fun to watch.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
As I remember, John Bunnell was a Deputy featured on COPS once or twice. He later became Sheriff and then retired. I believe the WILDEST videos are about 4 0r 5 years old.

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
AlphaTea said:
As I remember, John Bunnell was a Deputy featured on COPS once or twice. He later became Sheriff and then retired. I believe the WILDEST videos are about 4 0r 5 years old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...they showed it on Court TV a few weeks ago. Looked like it was from the early 80s.

gorn

Enlightened
Lt. Bunnell was with the narcotics unit. He did some stuff for COPS and got caught "setting things up" for the show. That cost him his job.
I heard he got elected Sheriff then retired. The Wildest Police Video show is several years old and is no longer in production.

AnotherDaveH

Newly Enlightened
Re: US members - what do you think of Sheriff Bunn

Bunnell was on quite a few episodes of 'Cops' in the first couple of years. I would bet its hard to get new material until all of the litigation surrounding some of these events has cleared.
I think voiceovers from the 'helicopter' are a little cheesy. Its always the same voice and you can hear the same sirens in the background.

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: US members - what do you think of Sheriff Bunn

I use to watch all those shows, highway patrol, emergency 911, world wildest police chases, cops, etc, etc. I slowly lost interest as they started to repeat and never show when the bad guys escape. That guy was a trip on cops on a few episodes he did. One he raided a pot house and took the guys pot, car, guns and left him a nasty message on his machine.

I believe CA has a system to alert folks of car chases by pager or email.