ok bermuda grass is from the devil

raggie33

*the raggedier*
man that stuff is so hard to cut one pass and bag is filled and when ya cut it at the recomended height for the first cut of season mower stalls and fills bag in like 10 feet. note to everyone avoid this grass

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe it was not scalped down in the fall in preparation for winter. Just wait until temperatures rise over 80, you will need to cut bermuda every week. But it is very nice looking grass as long as you keep the weeds out which usually start growing before the grass.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've watched a couple neighbors struggling to cut their bermuda lawns with electric mowers. I wonder if they're glad they dumped the original fescue for fancy grass. It does look nice, though, and is more drought resistant. Don't think I like the brown color in winter. My fescue's always green.

Geoff

BatteryCharger

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
WHAT???? Mowing already? We still have that cold, white, solid form of water on our yard!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I've had to mow 3 times already. Need to do it again today... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Bermuda grass is the #1 consumer of water in most cities facing water shortages during the summer.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
In those spots that are that are too hot, dry and sun-baked for fescue, bermuda is a good alternative to bare dirt. I'm glad I have it growing in my front yard. But you are right, it can be hard to cut and it doesn't look great in the winter (overseed with rye for winter green). You need to cut it short and often and edge like crazy.