Long-range flashlight

DEFENDER

Newly Enlightened
Hello everybody

THis is my first post, I have more than 10 flashlight, that include Maglite 3D, Streamlight-Stinger, Scropion and Surefire-8NX, E2.
Question is those light most for mid-range distance, I need some advice for long range flashlight.

(Thanks kogatana, you are the first one take reply to me)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

if you want longer range than that, then all I can think of is spotlight, they don't have a long run-time, but damn bright, I remember seeing a spotlight with dual sealed-lead-acid battery(forgot the manufacturer, maybe another members know ?), but it's supposed to give you about 2hr run-time, Lectro Science make some good ones

Velcro

Enlightened
The Plasma Beam, no doubt!
grin.gif

PlasmaThumb.JPG

Seriously though, you could buy one of those rechargeable 500,000 CP, 1 million CP or even 2 million CP search/spotlights. They are relatively cheap, light up a long path easily and are very very bright. Just an idea.

Greetings,
Velcro

Size15's

Flashaholic
PlasmaBeam Group-Buy?
tongue.gif

There are some pretty good searchlight, and I'd like this topic to have more discussion. Featuring models with Reflectors about 6" diameter?

There is a lot of variation in CP values when you get into the spotlight scene. IT would be great to have some feedback on various models.

Al

PeLu

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Velcro:
The Plasma Beam, no doubt! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although this is a very good and well designed light, I'm wondering why it is using SLA batteries. At this price I wouldn't care about $100 more and a good NiCd or LiIon battery (maybe $400 more for the latter one).

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
would the Light Cannon be a good spotlight? Would it hang in there with the 1-2 million candlepower spotlights? If so...then go for the Light Cannon. I have a LSI spotlight and i took it hiking and it died in about 45 minutes.
mad.gif
The light Cannon can produce light for about 3-4 hours i believe.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I haven't tried the regular Stinger, but I suspect the Ultra-Stinger may have a longer throw...recently I acquired the "Easter Seal Headlite III" -- ( http://www.caves.org/imo/frames1.htm -- go to "headlamps" and scroll down..)and replaced the original bulb with a (edit- Xenon Star 4 cell, 5.2 volt, .7 amp 3.6 watt ) Carley lamp (pr-flanged type, I'm using it with the five aa NiMH battery pack..) -- the spot is extremely tight - too tight for most situations I'm sure many would say -- but this makes the throw amazing! Most of the time I can use the Headlite3 on the first one or two of it's four brightness ranges, (four being brightest) and haven't had a heating prob yet...not bad for $50...
wink.gif
plus the light has a regulating circuit to keep the bulb at a constant brightness over the life of the batteries..and when the battery wears down, the Headlite3 goes into a pulsing mode, to let you know you have only a few minutes left to change batts..
re: the Plasma Beam group buy -- how much would that be again..? (They're $3200 I see on the net,,)
(edit-) I tried a side by side comparison of the Headlite III with the Ultra-Stinger last night, and they both had very similar throws, and sized hotspots, the U.S. was about twice as bright as the Headlite3 though...

Latest posts