150s and Surefire L6 and M3

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not own either of these lights. I was looking for threads from those who have this working with thier lights. CPF search is not doing well for me. I must be using it wrong. Can someone point me to those threads so I can better tell people how to do this.

Thanks
Jon

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Jon,

I couldn't find any with "search" either. I had these saved in my favotites. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Best Regards

Pila 150s batterys in SF L6 run time test

L6 & Pila 150S

edit: I have used Pila 150S batteries in both the L6 & M3. Both lights needed the free spring that you gave me. The spring screws around the stock spring in the head of the light. Sometimes the free spring will be around the positive end of the Pila 150S battery when I remove them for charging, but this doesn't hurt anything.

The only problem I have had, was the stock Z58 tailcap that came with the L6 wouldn't work with the Pila 150S batteries in the L6. This L6 works great with several other tailcaps including another Z58. The Z58 that wouldn't work with Pilas in the L6 works fine with Pila 168S batteries in a L5. There was a contact issue with that one combination, other than that the Pila 150S & 168S batteries have worked great for me in these and several other lights

Mikjk

Newly Enlightened
Jon,

here r the links i have:

PILA 150S safe in M3 w/ 225 Lumen bulb?

Surefire M3-CB + Pila probs: photos added

Pilas 150s and 9v HOLAs

My M3T, 2x150's, MN16(HOLA) Lamp Blew

Jon,

my M3 + LOLA + PILA 150S + spring + Z58, works just fine... no double taps required and i have had 100% functioning.

my M3 + HOLA + PILA 150S + spring + Z58, only works when a quick double tap is made on the tailcap. i still use this combo at work as it reliably functions and it is second nature to me now. in fact, i had no problems working my M3 in this combination during a rather long footchase/track last night... got both bad guys, tracked over 10km...ugh...

my L6 + PILA 150S + spring + Z58, works without any problems. 100% functioning. due to the length of the PILA 150S, i cannot screw the tailcap all the way down... BUT the gap between the tailcap and the L6 body is not large or unsightly...can barely tell in fact.

Jon, gonna have to get 2 more PILA 150S batteries... i'll drop u a line soon.

hope this helps.

Jon (ur hang gook brother...HAHAHA)

cognitivefun

Enlightened
my C3 and HOLA now works with spring + 150S with the double taps...clickie tailcap also...it's da bomb!!

wquiles

Flashaholic
I have an L6 and it runs perfect on two 150s Pilas. However, I do NEED the extra spring, and it works best when this extra spring is around the top cell so that It can slide down and contact the body better. If I can figure out how to post pictures I will post one!

EDIT: This is what I mean:
IMG_0030.JPG

Will

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
I have been running my M3 w/HOLA on 150s for over a year without any problems at all. I have not experienced the problem where some people running the M3 w/HOLA have to tap their light a few times to get the lamp to work.

Mikjk

Newly Enlightened

u r lucky then...definately in the monority though. maybe the older batteries r slightly different than the current ones?