Surefire M3 holster and I need one fast!!!!

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
I need to order a holster for my M3 to fit a 2 1/4" duty belt. I don't like the way the Surefire holsters ride the light up high with the bezel down. I looked into bladetech.com and they have a 4 week wait. I also checked into Sidearmor which is what I am kind of looking for but I am not getting a answer at there number or a email response. Is there any other sources. Please help I need to get this ordered and here this week. Thanks a ton.

cy

Flashaholic
got a v71, but just realize you don't like surefire holsters..

ksshooter

Newly Enlightened
I don't know how well they ride the light. Does it ride the light high on your belt?

cy

Flashaholic
there is some adjustment, but yes it ride kinda off high. it's pretty secure, but V71 will scratch your M3.

Lightraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the Blackhawk one but it didn't work for me. The opening is just slightly bigger than the flashlight bezel and the elastic retainers are tight.

This makes it difficult to insert and remove the light with two hands and I found it impossible with one hand. I ended up just throwing the M3 in a jacket pocket or in my Blackhawk M6 pouch. That pouch is a little big, but it works. If you ever go M3 with Turbohead, the M6 pouch will come in handy.

Mikjk

Newly Enlightened
i carry my M3 in a SOE M3 pouch. has a secure buckle latch and velcro belt attachment. fits my duty belt with no problems. keeps the M3 in a lower position than the SF holster. it is a bezel up afair, and the bottom of the pouch is not guarded, so the light can be inadvertantly turned on. i use the HOLA lamp and PILA 150S so i need to double tap the light so this isn't a problem with me. the flap securing the light could melt if the light were inadvertantly turned on while in the pouch... so keep this in mind. took a little practice, but i can now take out and put back in the M3 with one hand and without looking.

hope this helps.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
ksshooter, I got the soe pouch for the m3 first, but it wouldn't fit..it was too tight. So I got the blackhawk mentioned above, for the m6. It's a bit roomy but no trouble getting the light in or out. Got mine from jcciv on here. His name is john, and out of texas...or surefireparts on ebay. Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't have happened to sell a mitch rosen leather holster for the 6p on ebay sometime ago would you? just curious as your name looks familiar.