EDC Ultimate Flashlight

DragonFlame

Newly Enlightened
Hope I'm not posting about something you are all aware of, but here's something I came across:

"The EDC Ultimate flashlight is the pinnacle in state-of-the-art pocket flashlights. We combined the pioneering electronic, thermal, optical and interface technologies from the Action Light series into a pocket-sized flashlight to create this best-of-class everyday carry light. This is the smallest, brightest and most versatile flashlight available. The light is so small you can carry it with you wherever you go while at the same time having the output associated with a much larger flashlight.

For those who must have the absolute whitest white in output tint, we offer the EDC Ultimate 60 GT - Guaranteed Tint. We guarantee the color of these LEDs will lie close to the Planckian black body radiator line in the range of 0.30 to 0.33 on the x coordinate on the CIE-1931 Chromaticity Diagram. These are the whitest LEDs manufactured and may not always be available.

The EDC Ultimate flashlight provides the following features:
Your choice of 42 or 60 lumens maximum output - the world's smallest tactical brightness LED flashlight. 4 preset levels, 20 brightness levels with visually even spacing
Fully regulated settings for constant brightness. Gracefully steps down to lower brightness levels to extend dying batteries
Simple, intuitive single-button interface allows single-click On/Off. Additional brightness settings are quickly accessible. Features fully programmable
10 hours constant output typical on the Primary setting (10 lumens) using a single lithium CR123A battery
Ultra clear coated glass lens for maximum light output and improved scratch resistance
Machined aerospace aluminum case with military-specification hard anodize finish
Will not damage rechargeable batteries
Reverse battery protection without diode power penalty
Intrinsically safe and explosion-proof configuration
Full thermal management - cannot overheat or get excessively hot
Waterproof
Pocket clip and optional lanyard ring
Configurable options: all brightness settings, emergency strobe signal, SOS emergency signal (46CFR161.013-7 compliant), flashing locator (so you can find the light in the dark), turn on to last or specific setting, automatic switch lock (prevent accidental turn-on during transport or storage), automatic turn-off and two forms of momentary operation"

EdcUltimate.jpg

And here's the URL: http://www.hdssystems.com/EdcUltimate.html

What do you guys think?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The search function ... the serch function...
There are quite a view threads about his one running ...
bernhard

Led_Blind

Enlightened
Yes, to the search /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have the HDS Ultimate 60 GT (exactly like the one pictured) and highly reccomend it...

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
True this is a post for the search but i have been meaning to post a "my thought's" type thread now that I have had my basic 60 for a while, and used it everyday on a recent music tour in Europe.

Since many have there HDS's now, I have been surprised there hasn't been more talk of it here on the LED forum proper.(as opposed to the light maker forum) VDG

HID

Newly Enlightened
VDG, I agree. I have been waiting for mine forever now, and would certainly appreciate some user reviews. Other than the LED Museum and one short paragraph from Equipped to Survive, there have been very few reviews. Uh, and there has been only one beamshot pic on the net until yesterday when someone on the HDS thread finally posted some more.

Latest posts