Klarus        

Thread: My Streamlight Jr. Clicky Quit Working! Help!

Default My Streamlight Jr. Clicky Quit Working! Help!

The switch on my Streamlight Jr. stopped working. If I push lightly for momentary, it will sometimes come on. Usually it won't. I can click and unclick all day and nothing happens. I'm only on my second set of batteries. No abuse. Only gentle handling. Anyone have any ideas before I contact Streamlight?

Scott

Default Re: My Streamlight Jr. Clicky Quit Working! Help!

My SL JR clickie sucks, too. I thought it would be higher quality than the plastic ones, but no.

Just buy a new clickie from the Sandwich Shoppe or flashlightlens.com. I think TNC has them, too. Look for "Kroll" switches. Buy a couple extras, just in case. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I returned mine.

Enlightened

I thought I had a problem with my switch on mine and I found out that it was just low batteries. I found this out when I brought it into the dealer and thay dropped in a new set of batteries. Boy did I feel silly. The electronics will act a little strange when the voltage drops. Anyway I hope that the solution is that simple for you.

Alex

Different threads from the standard plastic Kroll. Got this info direct from SL.

yup batteries. I use NiMH and don't worry about it now. Also it will do this if you use alkalines in the cold. NiMH will do this less.

It's when the voltage of the batteries is below what is needed for the circuit to come on.

You'll notice that if you've had it on for a long time, and it falls out of regulation (you might not notice) and you turn it off then on again real fast, it won't come on. But jsut wait a few seconds and it should fire back up.

If not switch off, wait a minute or 2 for the batteries to recover then turn on and keep it on until you're done working and then replace/recharge the batteries.

I think streamlight has a lifetime warranty if you send it in they should fix it for free. I have a luxeon jr that i have had clickie problems with. I have noticed that if i FULLY depress it i have less problems,if i dont it seems to lock up more often. I also a few weeks ago had mine almost melt down in my pocket i clicked it off but it did not turn off and about a half hour later it was extremly hot i had to pull the batterys and it took at least a half hour to cool back down. It was near end of workday so im glad i caught it before going home, a fire in your clothes locker is not a good thing at a nuke facility. So i now am in the habit of checking it after use.

That was it! I put in fresh batteries, and now it's working fine. THANKS!!!
    (I'm sure glad I didn't try to take apart the switch!)

Scott

use nimh batteries! they rock with the Streamlight Lux jr

[ QUOTE ]
    MR Bulk said:
    Different threads from the standard plastic Kroll. Got this info direct from SL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not very cool of SL to do that [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] It'll still work, though. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif[/img] Even fully charged the SL clickie I had was not all that responsive. I like the feel of the plastic ones better, but don't know what the ill effects could be using it in the Jr. So far I've liked it better, but now that I look at it closer the fit COULD be better. Oh well, I won't take it scuba diving. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

(Now that Charlie pointed that out it'll probably blow up on me)

Here's a prior thread on this too-