which of these lights are most reliable?

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
which two lights are most reliable of these lights:

nuwai Q3

Surefire E1L

longbow micra

Pelican M6

also order the lights from brighter to less bright. thanks.

-David /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
How does reliability relate to brightness? I don't see the connect you make here?

nexro

Enlightened
I'll go for the E1L or Micra for reliability.

Are you referring to the Pelican M6 LED or the M6 incandescent? (since the rest of the lights are all LED)

Brightness wise, I would refer to flashlightreviews' charts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay then, here is what my experience says about the reliability:

Most reliable: Surefire E1E + KL1
Least Reliable: Longbow Micra

Order (reliability):

Surefire E1E + KL1
Pelican M6 LED
Nuwai Q3
LB Micra

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very happy with the KL-1/VG's, and E1L. i don't know how to describe

As the KL-1 throws out, it seem's to be a lot more "light"
placed on your mark.

Both are great at what they do, but the SF is way better built and should be far more reliable. VDG

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
why is micra unreliable? It has great anodization.

-David

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cheapo said:
why is micra unreliable? It has great anodization.

-David

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not "unreliable". Its just less reliable than the others in my samples. I define reliability as the light working when its turned on. My push button Micra has failed before when pushed on (with a fresh battery). All my Micras (even the twisties) do not turn on with dying batteries (on the first attempt after shutting off)--all the other lights on that list will at least turn on and give minimum light with the same batteries. Longbow probably corrected both of these areas since I bought mine, so don't worry about it. You bought a good light, just enjoy it and no worry about it.

BTW, anodization is only their to protect from scratching. It has nothing to do with reliability.

thesurefire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to diss on the mirca, but I didnt think its finish (anodization) was up to par for that price, granted I've only handled one, and it could have been just a 'bad egg' but I would rate it a 5/10 for finish. On the bright side it had an perfect pure white tint.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
thesurefire said:
Not to diss on the mirca, but I didnt think its finish (anodization) was up to par for that price, granted I've only handled one, and it could have been just a 'bad egg' but I would rate it a 5/10 for finish. On the bright side it had an perfect pure white tint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the key with the Micra is variation. All of mine have excellent exterior finish--the only area they do not vary. One has VERY POOR interior finish, the other two range from mediocre to good interior finish. One has c.u. green tint, two are white. Two have beam patterns different than the third. My c.u. green Micra has a runtime of 20 minutes regulated, my other two Micras run for about 45 minutes regulated. Based on my brief sample (3), there is lots of variation from light to light. More so than most manufactures I've used.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
My micra has great finish, and a very white light- not too bright though.

-David