Netflix vs Blockbuster vs Walmart DVD Rentals

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did a trial of all three companies, heres a review for those who are interested.

Netflix: Fastest shipping, best selection, more movies that I wanted were in stock. Turn around time was fast as well. Almost next day service in most cases. Allowed me to really take advantage of their unlimited movie plan. Most expensive at 17.99 for 3 movies at a time.

Blockbuster: Fast shipping (avg 2 day turnaround time), some of the movies I want to see were not available. Cost less than Netflix at $15. Didn't get to see as many movies.

Walmart: Slowest service despite shipping and receiving movies from a location under 4 miles away. 1 saw more movies in the 2 week Netflix trial than the 1 month Walmart trial. They send you a email saying they shipped your movie and you don't get it until 2-3 days later. After you send in a movie they don't acknowledge they received it until 2 days later. So it takes around 4-5 days for Walmart to send you another movie.
Price is the cheapest at $12.

Netflix and Blockbuster shipped from a location 20 miles away from me, while Walmart shipped from a location right next to me. Your results may vary. I have decided not to use any of the companies as I have been watching way too many movies. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also tried all of them. They all ship from pretty close, but Blockbuster was the slowest, Walmart was next slowest. Netflix was fastest by far (for me, YMMV), and had a very good collection, although beaten out here and there by Walmart/Blockbuster.

If you want commonly available movies, nothing beats out the Blockbuster in-store membership pass. $16 for the first month of 2 out DVDs, instant turnaround, and no limits. I think I rented 12 movies the first 3 days...

For hard to find stuff, I'd go with Netflix.