Got my 9P today...

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow that sucker is bright. Bought it off a guy here in the forums. Perfect condition with the V10 holster and 2 P91s' for $120 shipped. Not too shabby. I of course had to do the "beamcheck" on the white sheet of paper and just about blinded myself! Seeing a spot STILL. This will be my last light for a while - the "boss" is 'bout to kill me as it is!! Now I just need some accessories. Desicions, desicions!

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
Now I just need some accessories. Desicions, desicions!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup! KT2 turbo head, clickie switch, Z33 lanyard, P90's, Pila 150s', FMxx filters and beamshapers, Pelican case ........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
[ QUOTE ]
KDOG3 said:
Now I just need some accessories. Desicions, desicions!

[/ QUOTE ]

SRTH /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the turbo head would make it too big. But I am interested in it. Definetly a lanyard. I have an FM37 Beamcover on the way for it. Pelican case? Don't know what that is really. Now I'm REALLY gonna go thru some batteries!!! Guess I better order a crate of 'em. Gonna need another spares carrier too. Geez my wife is gonna kill me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a new SF KL3 head with a blue luxeon the other day for my 9P. The optic had some smudges on it (impossible to reach to clean off, for me anyway), and the beam has a square grid in it (the emitter?). It is reasonably bright and rated I think for 8 hours or so steady brightness according to the runtime graphs I've seen.

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that one of the best accessories that you can get for the 9P is a set of Pila 150A batteries. Although you'll have to get someone to bore the body out for you to allow the 150As to fit, it is worthwhile. The 150As have a higher capacity and are able to deliver more current that their 150S counterparts. This way, you can run the light as much as you want without the worry of battery expenses and the output is pretty flat, due to the nature of li-ion cells.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard the 150S work fine. And I have been thinking about getting them since I use the HOLA in it. I really don't know about boring out the body - sounds like inviting disaster, besides if I'm out somewhere and my rechargeables go out on me, I won't be able to go back to the 123s' in my spares carrier cuz the body will be too big!

Any yes the Turbohead would be nice - but 100 bucks? Ouch! That cost more than the whole light! I don't understand that..

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats' that SRTH good for? It doesn't look any better than the SF Turbohead and it cost more!! Besides, I use the HOLA, which from what I read isn't compatable with Turboheads.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use the M3T HOLA the MN16 for your turbohead. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest a black shock-isolated M2 bezel (lpstactical has them). I just bought one for my Z3. The price was $30. First and foremost, it's cool lookin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But it'll protect the precious P90/P91's you can run in that thing. Plus the pyrex lens will withstand heat.

When I bought one for my Z3, I was wishy washy back and forth and what turbohead to buy. Then I took a step back and said "What is this light FOR?" and I bought it for close to medium range defensive use, most likely inside a building. So a tough shock iso head is a great thing to have. If I have to light somebody or something up at long range, that's what my Vectorlight is for.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm, I'll definetly look into it. I see it listed on their website, but they don't have a picture of it. Anyone care to post one?

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just modified some 6Ps, and they all had pyrex windows held in place by retaining rings. Getting the shock isolated bezel will be am improvement if your 9P has a lexan window. If it has the pyrex window, then the M2 bezel is just going to add bulk.

The purpose of the shock isolation is to protect the bulb when the light is used as a weapons light and protects the LA from recoil shock, not lateral shock that will occur from knocking the light against something or dropping it.