Any one heard of Xenergy

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
I was in house of knife's the other day and saw a few new flashlights. One was made by Xenergy. It was a 3w luxeon powered by 2 cr123. I had 3 power levels 100%, 50% and 25%. the box also said that it was regulated. model number of the light is ALX 032L. It was $90 CDN.
Has anyone heard of this light and is it any good?

they also had what appeared to be a 3AAA light by them as well but I didn't look at it.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a Nuwai. Most people think Nuwai is the manufacturer, but it is only a trading company. These flashlights are Taiwan made, based on Lumileds Luxeon LEDs or 5 mm Nichia LEDs.

Concerning the ALX-032L. The price in your store is 90 CAD, that's 75 USD. At Advancedmart.com you can buy them for only 50 USD.

The_virus

Enlightened
A-ha! I knew these were Nuwai! The trouble is just figuring out which Nuwai model you're looking at so you can get a review or any additional info. I was in House of Knives here too and saw these lights, but had trouble figuring out just what models I was looking at. The 1W 3AAA model is tricky, as most of the lights it's size on Nuwai's site use 123's

It also looks like RadioShack carries Nuwai under their own "RadioShack" brand. The fine print on the packaging says they're manufactured by Orbyx, and they look the same as some of the lights on Nuwai's site...so maybe Orbyx is the actual manufacturer, and Nuwai as mentioned by Erasmus is just the trading company.

EDIT: Trying my best to figure out what the 3AAA 1W Luxeon model was off Nuwai's site, it looks like it might be the ALX-313A

luminaria

Newly Enlightened
It seems that Shykuang International is the real manufacturer of flashlights that have been sold under many brands as Nuwai, Ombu, Nitestar, Viki, Elpa, Xenergy, eGear and even one Elektrolumens

The_virus

Enlightened
Wow, that's neat. Looking at the Shykuang site, you can see products from several companies, including Nuwai/Xenergy and Radioshack. You can even see products I've never seen elsewhere, like the 1AA .5W light, similar to the .5W AAA line, just using the AA batteries for longer runtimes and larger diameter. The only problem of course is that finding them here on the manufacturer's site doesn't mean you can easily get them...if a distributor or retailer has chosen not to carry a line (for example the AA size .5W lights) then you're pretty much SOL.