USL update!

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have received back from the machine shop the field test units.

I am excited about these, as a couple incorporate the running changes in the body style made while at the shop.

None are completely finished product, but several are very pretty, including a couple bronze units that really do look quite cool and which I would not have chosen on my own.

They all are adequate to serve as test beds, however, and once the battery packs Jim has arrive, I will be putting them together to send out to the field test group.

That gives the field testers a chance to break something that isn't theirs, and gives all of you the confidence to know that these ain't no wimpy flashlights, but will take some abuse.

I'm also waiting on the power supplies and chargers to go out with these units, all should be delivered within 7 days, about enough time for me to get the packs and get them installed and double check everything.

I will post some pictures tonight if I can get a decent digital camera.

Bill

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
Yay!

Was the cat ever let out of the bag regarding the exact make and model bulb the USL uses? Where to buy replacements, etc? I'd also be interested in what normal folks use a bulb like that for. Is it an automotive bulb? One designed for interior lighting? Maybe for slide or video projectors?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dave, it is a projector bulb.

And no, we haven't let the cat out of the bag yet, because there is a very limited supply right now and I need them all for the project.

There will be more, but the production run is scheduled to coincide with my build, so I'm hoping to pick up all the existing ones for the USL.

Bill

DaveNagy

Newly Enlightened
Say no more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

(You can still post pics however.) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif