NBC's Brian Williams a Flashaholic?

DaveT

Enlightened
NBC\'s Brian Williams a Flashaholic?

Just got a call from my Mom - she said NBC's new news anchor Brian Williams (took over after Tom Brokaw left) was just on the Ellen DeGeneres show, showing off his flashlights. They showed a clip of him reporting from Afghanistan with him lighting himself with his flashlight, and on the show he told her he always has several flashlights on him. He did some show and tell, but of course Mom couldn't name the flashlights he showed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh2.gif
Anyhow, I wonder if he's a member or lurker. If so - Brian, what's your EDC? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Dave

recon225

Newly Enlightened
Re: NBC\'s Brian Williams a Flashaholic?

Did a search on Directv and the show with Brian Williams is going to be shown again on Oxygen Wed 3/23 11pm EST.

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

recon, thanks for the information!

And by the way, is your name Brian? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/stupid.gif

recon225

Newly Enlightened

Sorry, I am not BW. Just wanted to give something back since I found this forum a few days ago and gained a bunch of flashlight smarts.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why wait...

Contacted someone we all know in Hawaii to record the show for us

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast

Lol. Thanks Charlie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

Ellen gave Brian a Beast as a gift? I wonder if SHE'S a closet flashaholic? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

gadget_lover

Flashaholic

I just watched the show. Aint TIVO grand?

My wife watched it with me. She noted that Brian Williams was almost drooling as Ellen presented him with the Beast. I thought I saw tears in his eyes.

He didn;t whip out his EDC to show it off. Wish he had.

Daniel

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Yuggh! I just sat in front of the boob tube for half an hour waiting for Williams to show his lights (thanks a lot Jeff!) and he showed nothing! Just held up the Beast after Ellen presented it to him (didn't even turn it on) and then did some other nonflashlight-related skit in the audience w/Ellen and that was it!!! *SIGH* - one perfectly good (formerly blank) DVD-R down the toliet... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Oh well, if nothing else I got to catch him explaining things about flashlights in general and making comments like, "...and you'd know this if you were part of the flashlight community" with a melodramatically serious expression, which got a big laugh. This was after stating that LEDs are revolutionizing the flashlight industry and stuff like that. Extremely supportive of our curse so I certainly HOPE he's a CPF member!

Yo, Brian? Ya here?

BC0311

Flashlight Enthusiast

Edit: removed my stupid comment.

If you're out there, welcome to CPF, Brian. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Britt

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

Perhaps he would like us to respect his anonymity and privacy, eh? Just a thought?