Jeep's new Liberty common rail diesel?

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeep\'s new Liberty common rail diesel?

it sounds like a great vehicle starting under $25,000 to me. but i know that CPF has many members exponentially more knowledgeable about vehicles than me.

so what's your take on this? is it a legit' option for a haul-arse vehicle? and has anyone who might happen to have a connection been behind the wheel of one?

here's the Flash webpage i found on it: http://www.jeep.com/crd

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Jeep\'s new Liberty common rail diesel?

It looks pretty nice. But it STARTS at 27,520 - which is pretty steep. And its' really only good for towing. Still cool though. I think their new Gladiator pick up is going to use this engine too.

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast

Diesels are extremly easy to modify for speed, and very inexpensive to do so. Your only limitation on this truck would be the gearing.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast

common rail works for German cars, so why not for others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bright Scouter

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
flownosaj said:
common rail works for German cars, so why not for others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a mechanic that runs an import car repair shop that I trust very much. His statement when I started talking about getting the CRD Liberty was,,,

Yes, it was a great german engine. Until Chrysler engineers got a hold of it. They added to many electronics to control it according to him. Just like when Chrysler had the problems with electronic controls on their automatics transmissions. I had a friend that had to take his back in to get it reprogrammed every 3 or 4 months.

I decided to wait a year and see how it does before I jump into this one. Too bad, because I had really been waiting for this!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jeep Liberty Review

I think the diesel is of Italian design.

For some reason, Jeep decided to up-content the diesel so the price is really high. Too bad. I think it may be hard for them to hit their 5,000 unit target with that high price.