How to remove the lens of a SF D3?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, the Lexan lens of a buddy's D3 melted and I grabbed it, hoping I could fix it. I look at the bezel and it totally different from my G2. How do I get it out to get the G2 UCL in there?

Size15's

Flashaholic
If there is no retaining ring, it has a Lexan window which is push-in snap-fit - it can be removed by forcing it out of the front of the bezel by pushing it from behind.

The Z17 is a Replacement Lexan window kit for the standard bezel.

I doubt that a glass window will be able to be snap-fitted into the bezel.

SureFire's 6P/Z2 etc bezels have been Pyrex window secured by retaining ring for a long time now. I suggest you call SureFire and explain what happed and ask to get a Pyrex version of the bezel.

Al

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I thought it would come out easily. Read an older post and you have to use brute force and a screwdriver. Ended up giving my finger a nice bruise when the screwdriver slipped and pinched it against the bezel. How much should a new Pyrex Bezel cost or the Z17?

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
GarageBoy said:
Ok, I thought it would come out easily. Read an older post and you have to use brute force and a screwdriver. Ended up giving my finger a nice bruise when the screwdriver slipped and pinched it against the bezel. How much should a new Pyrex Bezel cost or the Z17?

[/ QUOTE ]
ouch....sorry, hahaha when i first read the posted, i LOLed soooo much...sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
I manged to pop the lenz out the front of a Z2 thats sitting here (it had been melted alredy) so now I get to find a new lens.. yay Z17

Latest posts