• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired USL Payment Info (Pt. 2) - NEW PICS!!!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
USL Payment Info (Pt. 2)

Due to non-CPF commitments that I know have, I won't be able to maintain the list in this thread. I've sent the list file to bwaites, so hopefully he can post it somewhere.

Welcome to the official Payment thread for the Ultimate Stealth Light by bwaites!

Other Information

A complete index of other USL threads may be found at USL Thread Index.

Prices

[image removed]

The previously published discounts for no power supply (Non-PayPal -$31, PayPal -$32), were incorrect. For those that had already paid, the previous amounts will be honored. This was our mistake, so you do not owe any more.

Unless you've requested no power supply, the country specified by your shipping address will be used to determine which power supply you will receive.

Efforts to lower costs will continue. When everything is ready to ship, shipping costs will be provided and they will be adjusted to reflect any additional cost reductions to the actual prices of the USL and it's options.

Shipping Information

• Default shipping (U.S. and International) will be sent via Federal Express and they will be insured.
  • Tracking Numbers will be sent when available (some services, such as Air Parcel Post, do not provide tracking).
  • If you've specified an alternate shipper and services, they will be used.
  • If you specify a P.O. Box, then your shipment will be by USPS. Be aware that your shipping costs may be higher as a result.
Payment Instructions

If you have any questions regarding price/payments, please send a PM to bwaites.

Preferences

Everyone who is considering a 3" head should be aware that the only colors that MIGHT be available would be Black and Natural. If your color preferences are for other colors and you want a matching head, you may wish to change your preferences. This does not mean other colors will not be available for the 3" head, just that they might not be.

There's a new thread, Battery construction details & History of the USL, which has an excellent explanation of not only the battery pack's development, but the history of how the USL has come about. While we're waiting for final costs, jump on over and take a look. You'll appreciate the USL even more.

Please note: Your preferences, as listed here, are simply that - your preferences. Ultimately, the specifications and options that will actually be available will be determined by bwaites. Including your preferences in the list (such as colors, 3" head, etc.) will help Bill determine what may or may not be possible.

The options include
  • The standard HiTec charger, an upgrade to a Triton, or no charger
  • Thermal Probe for the Triton Charger
  • a choice of stealth head reflectors (see details below)
  • body colors: Pewter (Gray), Black, Natural (Silver), Blue (Royal Blue), Red, or Bill's Choice if you don't specify a color
  • extra bulbs
  • an optional 3" head (delivery time is unknown)
Even if you don't want a Triton charger, I highly recommended the Triton's manual for anyone with questions about the various battery technologies and how to care for them!

The stealth head reflector choices include smooth, Light Orange Peel (LOP), Medium Orange Peel (MOP), and Heavy Orange Peel (HOP). An LOP reflector will be included by default. The LOP will smooth the beam some without losing much throw. If you would prefer one of the other reflectors instead of the LOP, please post your request in this thread. Additional reflectors may be bought.

The default setup includes a standard charger & the LOP reflector in the standard stealth head. If you don't specify a color, it will be Bill's choice!

The List

If you pre-arrange to make payment with bwaites through a means other than PayPal, please be aware that the list shows your PayPal price. You may use the non-PayPal prices listed above to determine your actual cost. Once payment is confirmed, the list will be corrected to show your correct non-PayPal price.

I will keep this post updated with the latest confirmed payment information.

Negative due amounts (shownd in red with parentheses) represents either
  • an overpayment which will be applied to your shipping costs later on, or
  • you requested an extra item that we failed to record.
If we've left an item off that you paid for, either post in this thread or PM Codeman and we'll fix it!

[image removed]

Ray

Last edited:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Payment Info (Pt. 2)

New Color & Prize Information

A few quick notes:
  • The silver body in the first few pictures has a very nice, custom head. There is only one such head, and it will be a prize for someone! If you specify silver, you will get a standard, stealth head.
  • The Bronze light will be available later as a special edition!!
  • The Blue Fade is a custom body by modamag and is not available as an option. This color, however, is what those who choose blue will receive. We just couldn't not show it!
  • THe Aqua color is for display purposes only. It is not available as an option.
  • The position of the knurling will most likely be similar to the bronze body, but YMMV.
  • Bill is still working on arrangements for a switch boot to seal the switch area.
  • If you want to change colors, you have until Sunday, March 20 at 3:00 PM PST (GMT-8 hours) to request changes. Please POST color change requests in this thread. I'm so backed up with PM's, it's getting hard to sort through things. It will be MUCH easier for me if you will simply post here. I will be checking this thread with my usual regularity!
Below: Blue Fade (a one off from modamag), Pewter, Natural (also called Silver), Bronze (Copper), Black
USL_1_008.png

Below: Pewter, Natural (Silver), Light Blue (Aqua), Blue Fade, Bronze, Black
USL_1_010.png

Below: New switch location (top light, lower is an earlier prototype), the switch will be slightly inlaid in the production version
USL_1_011.png

Below: Switch Closeup
USL_1_012.png

Prize Information!

Below: Some of the registration prizes! MJLED Minimag, Handcarved Mag Head, Brinkmann Legend LX with Surefire P60
[image]hotwireguys.com/codeman/USL_1_017.png[/image]

The first 3 prize winners get to pick from the first 3 prizes, as shown in the picture:

1. Dizney picked the Handcarved Mag Head
2. tvodrd picked the Brinkmann Legend LX with Surefire P60
3. bobbo gets the MJLED Minimag

There are at least 3 more prizes to be awarded later, probably within the next two weeks.

Those will be numbers drawn at random from the-non winners so far.

Ray

Last edited:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Payment Info (Pt. 2) - PICTURES & PRIZES SOON!

USL BUYERS!!

There are about 5 lights ordered but not paid for as of now.

If you want to add a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th(!!) light to your order, you have first shot at those lights.

If they are not ordered by Saturday, I will open the offer up to CPF members.

If CPF'ers don't order them, I will build them anyway, and then charge a premium for them when everyone has their lights and someone wants more!!

(And SOMEONE WILL want more!!!!)

Bill

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just resetting the Subject. My fault, Bill!

The list has also been updated. Time to caffeine up and get ready for the onslought!

seattlite

Enlightened

Will the 3" "Turbohead" option still only be offered in silver and black?

juancho

Enlightened

In the chart I see two numbers 36, which I have been since the beginning. Mine and AuroraLite
??????
Juan C.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

seattlite - I think that's the plan, but the details are up to the builder.

juancho - thanks! I've fixed it. I'll post an updated list as soon as I can.

Prolepsis

Enlightened

Hi Ray:

Can you please change my preferences to the following:
Pewter, Black.

Many thanks! Sorry for the extra work. The pictures look great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Can't wait to have the USL duke it out against other lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Turbohead, IF and WHEN offered, will be at the choice of the designer/manufacturer.

In the past, he has done HA III black and natural, so I am going from that.

I have emailed him, but he has not yet replied.

Bill

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

There appears to be a problem with my image host's ftp server. This almost never happens, so it really picked a bad time to do it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

It will come back eventually!

I thought it was on my end, but the pics were there for a while! Really, they were!!

Bill

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just talked to my ISP. They are looking into it. I was the first to spot it, so I'm glad I called. It's too soon to know how long a wait it will be, but this is the first unplanned outage I've seen in 2 years. We should be back up soon.

[ QUOTE ]
Prolepsis said:
Hi Ray:

Can you please change my preferences to the following:
Pewter, Black.

Many thanks! Sorry for the extra work. The pictures look great. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Can't wait to have the USL duke it out against other lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The change will be there as soon my ISP has the server fixed.

Bill made these great pictures!

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

The server's back up. I LIKE my ISP! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: USL Payment Info (Pt. 2) - PICTURES & PRIZES S

Aqua looks sweet. I have a royal blue Mag85 - is that the same as the Blue Fade? If the Aqua is slightly lighter than the Blue Fade's blue, I'll take that for my USL. Thanks!!

Damn this USL is gonna be one sweet light when it finally arrives. It'll be the perfect shock-and-awe light.

I brought the Mag85 to office and blindsided a colleague (who is also into lights).. he was like, get that outta my face!! I told him, I didn't even give you a direct shot, I hit you with the sidespill because I KNOW the hotspot will ASSUREDLY blind you...

And this was while both of us were standing under high powered indoor flourescent lighting.

Now, as for the USL...

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

The light blue/aqua is not an option, (can't get it in the right size) it was in there only to show the difference with the Royal Blue.

Bill

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Whoops - thanks for clarifying the blues, Bill!

nethiker

Enlightened

Codeman - please change my first choice to black.

Color pref: 1)black 2)natural

Please add an additional 2 extra bulbs for total of 3 extra.

Thanks for being so accomodating.

Greg

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*

Hey, finally after seeing pictures and Prolepsis choice, I think I'll prefer Pewter for first choice and black for second choice too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Ooops, sorry for the work Ray, but it's my last change /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thannnnnnnnnnnnnks !

Catman10

Enlightened

Hi,
Can you please change my color preferences to:
1. Pewter
2. Black
Thank you, and sorry for the trouble.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast

nethiker - got it! You're welcome!
Frenchyled - last change, huh? Can I quote you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/str.gif

Catman10 - got it!

Look for them in the next list update.