Arc AAA, yellowish light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan S

Newly Enlightened
I recently acquired an Arc AAA and was blown away by its quality and brightness. I've read that the white Photon II is supposed to be brighter than the Arc, at least for the first few minutes, but this Arc completely blew away my Photon II and my Inova microlights. No comparison.

Anyway, getting to the point here, I was surprised to notice that the Arc's light had a yellowish cast to it. The color of the light isn't a problem, but I was curious as to whether or not it's normal.

Do all Arc AAAs have a yellowish light, or just mine?

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Nathan,
Welcome to CPF!
grin.gif

My guess is that you have one of the few "standard" AAA's made with the rare B1S rank LED that is also used it the LE.
cool.gif
winkie.GIF
This led has a warmer, less blue output than the standard.

Hope this helps,

Nathan S

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Bart. If what you say about the Arc LED is true, then I guess it's a good thing.

At any rate, the light from my Arc has absolute no blue to it at all.

Rooster

Newly Enlightened
The tint you describe is exactly what my AAA LE exhibits, so indeed likely a B1S rank LED. After owning both I actually prefer the "bluer" of my two Arc AAA's. Personal preference only...

Nathan S

Newly Enlightened
Well, just out of curiousity, I think I'm going to order another one. It'll be interesting to compare the two.

SurefireM6

Enlightened
Originally posted by Rooster:
The tint you describe is exactly what my AAA LE exhibits, so indeed likely a B1S rank LED. After owning both I actually prefer the "bluer" of my two Arc AAA's. Personal preference only...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll be more than happy to trade you an ARC AAA 3.1 for your LE. The only difference is the light tint and body color.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Rooster:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll trade you a new Arc AAA 3.1 for your LE if you want. Don't listen to "SurefireM6", he's got a bunch of LE's already and I've got none.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.