Inova T4 Anticipation Thread *SHIPPING NOW!*

Crow

Newly Enlightened
Here's a thread for those interested in the T4 but are frustrated that it never seems to materialize. Perhaps some of you have connections or can figure out when this thing will hit the market. The most recent release date I heard was 3-15-05. Whatever.

The T4 is the perfect light for me. IMO, it's a fine balance of throw, brightness, runtime, etc, best (some would say worst) of all it's rechargeable. In any event I'll post here whenever I see anything new on this flashlight.

Policegearusa has the lowest price I've seen yet at $86:
http://www.policegearusa.com/showitem.cfm/23575/13921.htm

-Crow

taiji

Enlightened
Re: Inova T4 Anticipation Thread

Yep, waiting for it too. I've been nice and resisting the urge to buy anymore torches to save up a little. Will give in if a Predator shows up somewhere however.

I have seen prices ranging from $80 - $120 online but i think that when they actually arrive, the prices may be a different story.

Crow

Newly Enlightened

Yeah, taiji, I've allocated $ as well and haven't been buying new lights. I'm having flashlight withdrawals!

One very tempting predator is the Cabela xpg, except it doesn't have the TIROS and I have no idea about its beam quality.. I also read about problems with flickering. Does anyone have beamshots?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've noticed that nothing new as appeared on the Inova site since the X0. I love my X0.

chiphead

NorthernStar

Enlightened

Another new item for 2005 is the Inova T5. It´s the same flashlight as the T4 except that T5 uses three 123A lithium batteries(it´s a non rechargeable version of the T4).

Inova is extremly slow updating their web site. It´s a year ago since they did their latest update. The entire T-series as well as the XO3 is not appearing at their site.I also love my XO. It´s my favourite flashlight.

bole64

Newly Enlightened

Well, i just E-mailed inova 2 days ago, and they said that they are working on it. If you have any questions, just e-mail them. At least, that is what they told me.

Crow

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the update bole. It's something to keep me on hold instead of buying some other torch only to find, the next week, that the t4 is available.

Crow

Newly Enlightened

I emailed them. Inova's response:

Late April timeframe.

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:25:59 -0600
To: [email protected]
Subject: Inova T4 Availability?

Hello,
I'd like to know when, if ever, the Inova T4 flashlight will be available for purchase. Many of my peers and I are very anxious to purchase this fine flashlight, which never seems to meet retailers' quoted release dates.

Thanks for the info.
Scott

So there you have it.

Crow

Newly Enlightened

It's HERE!!
On April 8th, flashlightsunlimited.com began shipping them:
http://www.flashlightsunlimited.com/inovat4.htm
It's $99. I just ordered mine, and I'll write a big ol' review with beamshots when it gets here. How exciting.

The international version is to be available no later than April 22 for you international folks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

-Crow

BBL

Enlightened

great news!

at $99 this light seems to be a really good deal

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

It has HAIII also, hope the switch is robust to handle thousands of clicks. Can't wait for the review, Crow...I will be the first to thank you. Thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

dixemon

Enlightened

I am also looking forward to the T4, does anyone know if you have to charge the battery seperate from the flashlight? or does it charge as a unit on a cradle?

Crow

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Stainless said:
Do we know the location and type of switch on this one?

[/ QUOTE ]

The switch is located just under the head, kind of like in a mag, with similar functionality--press for momentary on, click for constant. I hope it's a quality switch and has a satisfying feel to it.. I also wonder about the contacts on the body (for the charger) and if they would allow water in. I'll address all of that in my review when I get it, probably thursday of friday.

celler

Newly Enlightened

I'm excited as well. I ordered mine in August, 2004, and somehow, stayed patient. Product Wizard sent me a shipping notice on Monday and UPS says it will be here on Friday. I will also post my impressions.

Craig.