My latest LED light - 120 volt

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up one of these 120 volt 18 LED lights made to go in a regular AC socket. Uses about 2 watts and while not a lot of light its good enough to see the keyboard at night. I got tired of replacing the expensive little 40 watt bulbs in this chandelier - that when fully lit was using 360 watts. Now it's happy at 2 watts and for only $10 plus shipping (less in quantities) I think it's a good deal:

led120v.jpg

I got this one from ebay but they have a web site also.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I have one of those also. Seems the LEDs are way underdriven, which is good for longevity and wattage, but I expected to see a lot more light from 18 LEDs. It's great for a small task light like your application. I'm sorely tempted to crack the case open on mine and mod the electronics for more drive.

I noticed that there's apparently a large electrolytic cap in the unit's power supply. When I kill the power to the lamp, it fades out quite slowly!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Hmm, I just dug mine out of a cabinet and looked at it closely, and it's a slightly different unit from yours. They look similar enough that I think one was copied from the other.

Ironman

Newly Enlightened
I had one of these (or something similar). I found the plastic fresnel lens actually made the light beam very splotchy. Mine worked much better with the bare LEDs exposed. My lens just unscrewed, don't know if yours is the same.

My new 120V light is from Enlux. It puts out a lot more light, and not in a tight beam. It may look pretty cool in your chandelier also. I posted some pics in another thread.