Dinged up KL1, options?

DEEAR

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

Made a mistake in my EDC, carried my really nice KL1 2nd gen. mod in the same pocket as my folder, result: dinged up the bezel lens retaining ring (the part with the serial and the KL1 logo). Any chance I can find a replacement for this? It looks like a very tiny dog gnawed the outside edge. Any help would be great. Oh, and lesson most definitely learned.

thanks,
D-R

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt Surefire sells the bezel ring so you might have to buy another KL1 and change out the guts if you are after looks. Personally I don't usually worry about the "character marks" on my EDCs, pretty soon there will be so many you won't notice, and when you do sit down and look at them each one tells a story.

-Mike

DEEAR

Newly Enlightened
Xrunner,

Here I thought I would have a horde of angry flashaholics crying abuse for not maintaining it in a pristine state /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Function is always more important to me, but I suppose if it had been doable, I would have gone for it. Character marks indeed, I like that.

D-R

KahveOrta

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
KevinL said:
Real flashaholics USE their gear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif

Well said!!

Anyway, some people pay extra for that well worn look (eg antique Levis 501s)

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't own a single light that is in pristine condition. All of my lights show signs of use. That's what happens to tools that get used. I wouldn't worry about it.