When depleted 123s will die in a red Inova X5?

Joseph

Enlightened
Hi guys~

I know this issue has been discussed a lot before, but I couldn't get clear enough answers for my own queries.

I'm deciding to buy a red led X5 to drain my dead 123s. I saw in other threads that Tektite Splashlite is good for this
but I like the shape of X5 better, and I want a red one for sneek-in-jobs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif(just kidding)

I'm using XM-2 as a drainer currently, but I think it doesn't eat up as well as X5 might do.

Here are some questions I would like to ask :
How well would the X5 use up 123s comparing to Splashlite and XM-2?
How bright will it be when 123 capacity goes down to around 1.0v?
Would it be a good idea to pick an X5 over XM-2 as a drainer?

Thank you very much.

Joseph

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
I can't answer your questions... but i am in the same boat you are.

I bought a black X5 with red leds, and i REALLY like it. I was surprised to find out it only uses ONE 123a battery.

It is an awesome, "night time", flashlight, as it doesnt kill my night vision. I use it in my house all the time. I even use it to light up the bathroom when i take showers. I have been trying to drain the original battery that came with it, but it is still going strong.

SS

Joseph

Enlightened
Thank you very much for your reply SS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I really appreciate!

BTW, I'm still waiting for a simple answer to my question guys.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Here is a review of the X5, the beamshot looks just like mine, but mine is red.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/inova_x5t.htm

Here is a review of the Splash light...

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/tektite_tsl_ls.htm

I like the beamshot of the X5 a LOT better, and i really like the RED "Splood" light effect the X5 has, it isnt a spot, but it isnt a flood, it is like the Tri-Star phazer.

Actually.... i JUST compared the X5 red to the Tri-Star Phazer, and the beams, when shot across the room, are the same diameter. They are NOT the same intensity, but they both have the same "Splood"-like beam.

SS

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
greenLED said:
hey, SS, is there a spacer for the second 123 inside your red X5?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope, there is only room for ONE 123a battery.

SS

Latest posts