Arc LSH-SF...but not a premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

code09

Enlightened
Can someone tell me more about this light? is it rare?
I currently have an arc LSH-SF, but it is not a premium. A buddy of mine (flashaholicx) told me that this light is really rare, cause usually LSH-SF lights are premiums...but mine is not.
Anyone care to comment or give me more info? The value of this light would also be greatly appreciated

TIA

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
I could be all wrong on this but here goes. The LSH part indicates that it is an LS with a high dome emitter. The -SF indicates S for standard and F for Frean optic. If it were a premium it would have been LSH-PF or LSHP-F. Is your light rare? Some body with more knowlege of the Arc line up will have to answer.

code09

Enlightened
hmmm...zulu, that actually seems to make more sense. But i dont know, just doesnt seem to click for me.

Like the label on my arc package says LSH-Sf...
Unless my buddy was all wrong in saying that Premiums were made for the LSH-SF...then it would all make sense. In that case, mine would just be a LSH-SF....and it wouldnt at all be rare.

Anyone else care to comment?

FlashaholicX

Newly Enlightened
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was saying that all LS lights that came from the factory with the fraen optic were supposed to be premiums.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
FX, I don't know about that. However I can comment on frean optics need to have a high dome under them in order to realize there benifit. So any LS's from the factory with frean's should need to be high dome.

ZuluWhiskeyFox

Enlightened
I got looking at my earlier post and think that a premium with frean will be marked LSHF-P. And a non premium would be LSHF or LSH-SF.

xyz-lmnop good god it gets confusing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

cy

Flashaholic
I've never seen one like you describe. only LSHF-P

code09

Enlightened
wooo hooo!! CY is here!
Everyone, i was refering to this light here

If you look at the pictures, you can see on the QC sticker, what i was refering to.

Anymore comments or further knowledge would be appreciated!

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
red_robby said:
that's an LS H - high dome
S - standart

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info. Good to know you read correctly this time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
red_robby said:
moephiues,
take off, eh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol lol, all in good company. Anyways, back on topic! Still looking for more info!

Sengoku

Enlightened
Im not certain but that definately looks like LSH st just like the Qc sticker on the baggie of my Arc LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mod90sd.jpg

And since the original seller had the current boost and replaced the luxeon with a T bin, whats stopping him from changing the optics? then that will mean its just a plain old LSH-S with mods done afterwards. But if it had LSH SF laser engraved onto the light itself then thatll be another story...
Hope i made sense

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Sengoku1986 said:
Im not certain but that definately looks like LSH st just like the Qc sticker on the baggie of my Arc LS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

mod90sd.jpg

And since the original seller had the current boost and replaced the luxeon with a T bin, whats stopping him from changing the optics? then that will mean its just a plain old LSH-S with mods done afterwards. But if it had LSH SF laser engraved onto the light itself then thatll be another story...
Hope i made sense

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a picture of my QC sticker or yours? Could i see a picture of your QC sticker? Reposting one of my pictures doesnt exactly prove anything....does it?

Sengoku

Enlightened
Ok sorry but i had to do a little research...
in this thread:

web page

quote:
Phil B said:
Bloody hell! it worked! If anyone less of a numpty than me wants to bunch them up,feel free.
The light started life as a LSH-S (no. 123),modded by "the Fire",to have a Lux III at 667ma. The Kroll spring Hi/Lo from "gadget lover" is fitted giving it more practicality.
I put a Fraen LP optic in,at the same time installing 3 small GTLS tubes around the LED.These are only 2mm by 12mm but were still snug to fit.
I made the rest myself in the workshop. I love it,can't see me parting with it,but Charlie might say different when my VIP turns up!
This is my workaday EDC,never without it.Any questions,feel free to ask.
BIG thankyou to "JPEG" for his help :)
Phil.

Now you see, its obviously a modded LSH-ST and did not come from the factory with the fraen optic and all this rare business with it being a LSH-SF....

code09

Enlightened
Thanks Sengoku!! wasnt really have a cow, sorry if you felt that way!
But thanks alot for clearing everyhting up for me!

Leeoniya

Enlightened
umm, guys. i had an Arc LSHF-P....it was inscribed EXACTLY that...and i lost it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
Arc%20LSHF-P%201.gif

this one isnt mine but i found a pic of another.
...so they do exist. i'm surprised that cy has never seen one.

...oh how i miss mine. but i miss it less when i look into my 667ma, 17mm IMS modded TWOJ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. i put the guts into a pristine unmarked LSH body.

this light, in its off state, has been laughed at by many people who are now slightly less able to see. not my problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Leon.

code09

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Leeoniya said:
this light, in its off state, has been laughed at by many people who are now slightly less able to see. not my problem /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahaa, thats awesome. I love how that was worded. It had this cocky attitude to it, but not really at the same time. I love sayings like that! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have a ARC with a Fraen LP from the first batch and it's marked: LSH-P 1556
The first ARC LS lights with Fraen optics were just LSH-P lights with Fraen LP optics used instead of NX-05 optics.

Later they were marked: LSHF-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts