im starting to hate howard stern

raggie33

*the raggedier*
he is so rude to the wowmen on his show.it didnt bother me so much before but i can tell it realy sadens the ladys who are on the show i feel so bad for the ladies,

idleprocess

Flashaholic
He used to do a good job allowing racists make total (unwitting) fools of themselves - especially that Daniel Carver fellow... but he was annoying most of the time - too full of himself.

MrTwoTone

Newly Enlightened
Forget Howard Stern-if I want to watch people who are rude,crude and socially unacceptable,I turn on C-span.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I agree with you Raggie, you can tell that underneath the "gee whiz, I'm standing in a room with somebody famous" veneer they're feeling some humiliation.

I've always been disgusted with Stern. The only times I've seen'heard him have been in passing while looking for something else on the dial.

BTW, from his looks and demeanor, he strikes me as a walking STD incubator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,
Some time ago, I figured out that Howard Stern believes that sex sells and absolute sex sells absolutely.
The guy's whole persona is one gigantic cheapshot. What I find truly dissapointing is that he seems to have an audience.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
it just saddens me how they enjoying bringing a person down..a women goes in there feeling good about her self(which is awesume) and he and his nimrods knock em down(which saddnes me)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I outgrew him. When I was younger I thought his original TV show was funny. Ya, he used to have on the lesbians (Lesbian Love Connection) and the kkk guy but he used to let them be themselves. Maybe I've just been getting older but it seems that yes, he does try to deliberately insult and humiliate the guests.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, it aint the smartest for these people to go on his show.
If you know you are going to get there, and just get knocked down, then why go? Does he ever NOT do that to his guest? He is a sicko. Guests probably make a few bucks for coming cause their is no other way to get them on.

Cameron

matt_j

Enlightened
Howard stern likes to make a quick joke/say something provocative to the caller, not give him a time to respond (if the caller is smart) and hang up. It gets old really fast. I never liked him. Thank god he is going to XM. He had some good segments but most of the time it is just retarded but not in the funny way.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
shock jocks to me are just insult mongers, I rank them amongst the type of people they get on news shows that spout off their wild viewpoints like they are the only one that knows anything, interrupting and being rude to the other debater while smiling and acting like everyone loves them for it.
The sad thing is many news channels love the irritating people that are rude and obnoxious because it makes people mad enough to keep watching the show hoping someone will put them in their place. The more someone acts like a jerk to get attention the quicker I change the channel/station.

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Umm, well actually, Stern's going to Sirius, not XM. And that makes me very, very happy. I've got XM.

Stern used to be funny once in a blue moon, but too much of a jerk the rest of the time. He's not the first shock jock -- there were others years before him. He's getting his butt kicked in many markets -- especially if you look at the market segments that advertisers go for. And, no, the FCC (for better or worse) isn't going after only him -- Janet Jackson/CBS, Opie & Anthony, and others have had worse problems. But he'd have you believe all of those things were part of a plot to get him.

I don't care if anyone else listens to him, it's just that I find him boring and not very funny.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The guests know what they are in for when they sign up for the show. I feel bad for some of the people but nobody put a gun to their head.
They get humiliated but get to plug their website/product to his very large audience.

Listening to Howard Stern in the morning and Tom Leykis in the afternoons made driving in California traffic a lot more bearable.