Surefire KL1 running on 2x 123a or 2-3 AA cells?

Weylan

Enlightened
I am after reading here a ton confused on what options I can find using the Surefire series of PARTS :). I was wondering what I could do for the following...

Surefire KL1 head
Low/med/high output

Is there a body option of:
1x 123a
2x 123a
2x AA
3x AA

Stand on tail?

From all the posts, it looks like the Surefire KL1 head gets high marks for performance. But I am looking for these options.

I know... I am on the list for a LionCub. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif But I was wondering what the options are here for the KL1 and since all the conbinations of bodies and parts for Surefire are just a bit confusing. Almost as bad as the Alph...

83Venture

Enlightened
1st Gen KL1 also works on 3-9 volts, Had a VG set up that let you use 123s or AA, worked fine, sent it to the sandbox with a buddy.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Re: Surefire KL1 running on 2x 123a or 2-3 AA cell

Surefire already has the following combos:
E1L Outdoorsman - latest KL1 head + E1 body (1x123)
E2L Outdoorsman - latest KL1 head + E2 body (2x123)

You could probably use an Aleph tailcap to have it stand on its tail. Also, as has been noted, the Vital Gear and Aleph parts are interchangeable with the Surefire E-series lights.

vinn

Newly Enlightened

so a VG 2x123 body fits a KL1? the spec of the body only mentioned it fits a KL4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

did the VG 3x123 body came with the tailcap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

deranged_coder

Enlightened

AFAIK the VG 2x123 body is interchangeable with a Surefire Executive series 2x123 body and both the KL1 and KL4 will work just fine on an SF E-series body.

KahveOrta

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
vinn said:
so a VG 2x123 body fits a KL1? the spec of the body only mentioned it fits a KL4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

did the VG 3x123 body came with the tailcap? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

My KL1 works on both of my VG FB1 (1x123) & FB2 (2x123). Both bodies come complete with tail switches,and can stand on end.

Just be aware that the VG bodies are very sensitive to battery lengths, and may need some adjustments before they work properly. The tail cap spring has a very short travel.